Women's Lacrosse - Rudkin is inspiring | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse Rudkin is inspiring

clayman32

JNCuse Ryder Cup 12 Questions Trophy Winner
Not sure if this was posted here or not but apparently Kathy was raped and wrote about her experience online. She says she's doing much better after a few months of deep despair. She seems like a sweet girl in the videos I've seen her in. Always smiling

Hope they found the scumbag

October 25th.

Hopefully, she can get back to where she was before this awful event. Just writing this and making it public is a huge step forward. Best of luck to Kathy - stay strong!

Felt the need to bump this. Watched SUWLAX for the 1st time this year on TV yesterday. They are deep & talented. Rudkin is a starting defender & was easily the fastest player on the field, by a wide margin. She executed multiple "one-woman" clears ala Matt Abbott & was all over the field.

I really think this thread should be shared on the Men's Lax board. It's one of the most powerful things I've read on this site & I feel many would appreciate it.

I was perusing articles on Inside Lacrosse & it appears Kathy is a writer covering girls HS Lax for them? SUA lists her mother as Kate but I don't think it's her. Is it possible that she could be a contributing writer while in-season at SU? If so, very impressive.

Kathy Rudkin | Author | Inside Lacrosse | Inside Lacrosse
I was a writer for Inside Lax while a student at SU. So I know that it is possible.

I was a writer for Inside Lax while a student at SU. So I know that it is possible.
Oh, I'm sure it is. She's also a starting defender for the #4 ranked D1 WLAX team. Her articles are pretty in depth covering weekly girls HS Lax all over the country, that's some serious time management skills. Very cool that you wrote for IL. I've had a subscription for about 15 years & frequent the website, I've probably read your work, especially if it was SU related.

Oh, I'm sure it is. She's also a starting defender for the #4 ranked D1 WLAX team. Her articles are pretty in depth covering weekly girls HS Lax all over the country, that's some serious time management skills. Very cool that you wrote for IL. I've had a subscription for about 15 years & frequent the website, I've probably read your work, especially if it was SU related.
She is absolutely a star in the making, as I was most definitely never a star defenseman for the lax team. I agree her time management and dedication are obviously top notch! Kudos to her!

The connection when I was working for them was John Jiloty, who was the editor and chief and a DO grad. I also was friendly with the publisher Rob Carpenter and and his brother Don. Rob played at Duke and Don at Georgetown maybe, can't remember exactly. I wrote HS features and called coaches to talk about their early season predictions. I actually only wrote a few articles on SU, strangely enough, as I was there and connected to the program. It was a golden time to be around it too, as I saw Mikey and Ryan Powell, Josh Coffman and company.

Apparently she transferred to Maryland. Sad to see her go.