run pass ratio 55%. needs to be higher | Syracusefan.com

run pass ratio 55%. needs to be higher

even if you through out central conn

they shouldn't be running 45% of the time. sure some of those are scrambles, but it should be 66/33

Based on production or on Babers ideal %?

LSU 67% pass
NC State 61.5% pass
Pitt 53%, take out the last drive and back up to 62% pass
This is up from 47% and 44% pass in MTSU and CMU games
So I think they have figured out passing is where we need to be as the running game is not getting it done.

Based on production or on Babers ideal %?
I'll bet if you asked Dino he'd say 50-50 under ideal circumstances. In their hay day, Baylor ran more than they passed.

they shouldn't be running 45% of the time. sure some of those are scrambles, but it should be 66/33
I think you'll see that ratio going forward in the 1st half, and then if we're milking a lead the run will start to balance things out.

I think we have to just come out firing.

i dont think we will be able to run against Clemson at all. Hopefully we can pass and pass quickly to create some tempo so they cant just rotate the big guys mid drive.

i dont think we will be able to run against Clemson at all. Hopefully we can pass and pass quickly to create some tempo so they cant just rotate the big guys mid drive.

First play of the game, Strickland, A gap, 75 yard TD.

I'd be watching the rest of the game from a hospital bed.

Based on sucking at running

agree, then. ideally, I think we want to be able to bludgeon teams up the middle when they spread out, or try to only bring 4-5 in the box

Yep - Dungey running or some jet sweeps with really fast guys, but even then it's prob feast or famine

I want to see lots of chucking to ish when he's covered, especially when in a bad down and distance

If dungy would throw those balls to ISH on the right shoulder he would win even more battles. he is making some good decisions but his accuracy is killing some plays.. probably missed 2-3 tds sat with poorly thrown balls.

Over 1/3rd of the rushes are Dungey. Most of those not designed.

The ratio is designed to be over 60% based on that alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom