Run the offense through McCullough | Syracusefan.com

Run the offense through McCullough

Cuseball

Starter
It's clear we are going to be a team this year that works the ball inside first to create offense and one that struggls to shoot. What's clear through the first 5 games is that means dumping it in to Rak. Not a bad strategy but I would prefer running it through your best offensive player.

That would be McCullough. He has a much more polished and versatile offensive game. I'm thinking 2003 offense with Carmelo where everyone knew where the ball was going but you couldn't stop it. Now Chris is no Carmelo (not as physical and not as much of a scorer) but on this team he can still conssitently get you points. Chris has enouhg of a handle, enough of a mid range shot that he can take PF's off the dribble or shoot over SF's. Rak will still get his touches but I don't think it always has to be Rak first.

Still think this team will be very good by season end.

Cuse!

Chris simply isn't strong enough and once conference play starts he is going to have his hands full with opponents who will be much more physical with him. Over the course of the entire season Chris will get wore down if he shoulders too much of the teams "go to" role. Rak is much better suited to deal with the physical down low aspect that conference play is going to bring.

Chris simply isn't strong enough and once conference play starts he is going to have his hands full with opponents who will be much more physical with him. Over the course of the entire season Chris will get wore down if he shoulders too much of the teams "go to" role. Rak is much better suited to deal with the physical down low aspect that conference play is going to bring.

To be fair, there were(are) plenty of posts on here saying the same thing about Rak come conference time. Im avoiding making any predictions on such and maintaining a wait and see attitude.

CMc and Rak high-low should be our bread and butter play this year.

As of right now we have a top 4 frontcourt in the acc but bottom four backcourt. We don't need to change anything about rak or mccullough imo.

Kaleb is the xfactor if he can emerge and give us 12 solid ppg and 4-5 assists we will be a much better team. If cooney is still better then him in march, then we probably won't even have a 6th man in the backcourt let alone a leader. Its hard to sit patterson or not consider BJ at some SG minutes as of right now even. I love Gbinije but I am not sold on scoring being his strong suit. Roberson, Gbinije BJ and Patterson absolutely need to combine to give us 17-25 ppg come acc.

Last edited:
It's clear we are going to be a team this year that works the ball inside first to create offense and one that struggls to shoot. What's clear through the first 5 games is that means dumping it in to Rak. Not a bad strategy but I would prefer running it through your best offensive player.

That would be McCullough. He has a much more polished and versatile offensive game. I'm thinking 2003 offense with Carmelo where everyone knew where the ball was going but you couldn't stop it. Now Chris is no Carmelo (not as physical and not as much of a scorer) but on this team he can still conssitently get you points. Chris has enouhg of a handle, enough of a mid range shot that he can take PF's off the dribble or shoot over SF's. Rak will still get his touches but I don't think it always has to be Rak first.

Still think this team will be very good by season end.

Cuse!

CMac is our best hope for offense this year. I agree he needs to be a focal point. I think once KJ2 gets rid of some of the freshmen jitters he will be capable of making contributions. Overall, I would like to see more high pick and rolls and more inside-outside kick out passes. I was pretty grim about this team after losing to Cal. I think we may be competitive. I just hope they play well enough to make the big dance.

As of right now we have a top 4 frontcourt in the acc but bottom four backcourt. We don't need to change anything about rak or mccullough imo.

Kaleb is the xfactor if he can emerge and give us 12 solid ppg and 4-5 assists we will be a much better team. If cooney is still better then him in march, then we probably won't even have a 6th man in the backcourt let alone a leader. Its hard to sit patterson or not consider BJ at some SG minutes as of right now even. I love Gbinije but I am not sold on scoring being his strong suit. Roberson, Gbinije BJ and Patterson absolutely need to combine to give us 17-25 ppg come acc.

Rak needs more discipline to stay out of foul trouble. The ticky-tack reach in foul against Loyola kind of bothered me because he just can't do that this year.

the foul thing is indeed troubling. thus far he's clearly outmatched his opponents. he's like a 6th grader playing against 4th graders. yet still he fouls. the bad news being that there are some 9th graders waiting for him down the block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom