Class of 2017 - Ryan Archer (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack to Hobart | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Ryan Archer (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack to Hobart

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Ryan Archer, Attack, Jamesville-DeWitt (N.Y.)/Orange Crush, 2017

Archer blew up this spring at Jamesville-DeWitt – jumping from just one point as a freshman to a whopping 84 points as a sophomore on 62 goals and 22 assists. This lefty is very slick, has a coach’s son smarts and plays much tougher than you’d expect given his 5-foot-7 frame. Archer can PUMP the ball into the net. He’s just about automatic if he gets the ball inside a few yards. And if he gets it out on the wing, he can set his man up with a little hesitation or hitch-like movement and then slip past him. He will go at his man too, but he more often than not puts himself in a spot to be a threat and his shooting is outstanding. His hands are fast inside. Archer played well at Orange Crush showing off these traits, no surprise given his nasty performance in the spring. The son of former Syracuse attackman and current Red Rams head coach Jamie Archer had nine games last spring with five or more points. He’s one of the elite scorers coming back next year in Section 3 and is one of the better uncommitted players in Upstate New York at the moment.

http://3drising.com/articles/recruiting/orange-crush-recruiting-showcase-standouts

Looks like J-D is loaded again.

No room at the inn for a legacy (or too crowded for playing time), I guess.

image.jpeg
Why aren't we still going after this kid

Last edited:
Why aren't we still going after this kid

Because Statesmen have to eat.

No idea. Staff must think they are stocked full for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 66295 Why aren't we still going after this kid

The reason is pretty clear right now SU has 9 guys who play or have played attack committed for 2017 at some point it becomes overkill. I expect Lauder and a few others like Barlow will be moved to midfield where they have experience but even then your looking at 5+ attackmen, just don't have the room. Rogers probably took the last spot and with him getting his tuition for free it was an easy choice for Desko.

Brett Barlow, A/M, Fayetteville-Manlius, NY
Brendan Curry, A, Calvert Hall, MD
Tucker Dordevic, A/M, Edison, OR
John Ecker, A, Wayne, NY
Troy Lauder, A/M, Salisbury, CT
Connor Nelson, A, New Hartford, NY
Casey Rogers, A/M, Westhill, NY
Owen Seebold, A, Highland Park, TX
Tanner Wood, A/M, Staples, CT

The reason is pretty clear right now SU has 9 guys who play or have played attack committed for 2017 at some point it becomes overkill. I expect Lauder and a few others like Barlow will be moved to midfield where they have experience but even then your looking at 5+ attackmen, just don't have the room. Rogers probably took the last spot and with him getting his tuition for free it was an easy choice for Desko.

John Ecker, A, Wayne, NY

Don't want to hijack this thread, but now that it has been brought up... will the amount of incoming offensive talent prevent Austin Staats from arriving after 2 years at OCC?

John Ecker, A, Wayne, NY
Just so everyone knows Barlow is a LSM he no longer plays A/M strictly long stick.

Reminds me of Griffin Feiner. Big time points at JD. Seemingly no interest/room from Cuse. AE all rookie team at Hartford. 3rd leading scorer as sophomore.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but now that it has been brought up... will the amount of incoming offensive talent prevent Austin Staats from arriving after 2 years at OCC?
good question. No expert, but a lot can happen in two years. Best to see as we get closer, but if the kid is as good as his bro, room will be made for sure.

If SU keeps the Promise Scholarship, Staats wouldn't count against the lax numbers (like Rogers), so it's not a question of scholarship availability, like it might be with Archer.

How did he not make UA AA he's outstanding? Less and less Upstate getting a look nowadays

UA AA is the top 44 players (give or take a couple spots if some guys can't participate) according to Ty Xanders. If Ty Xanders doesn't have him in his top 44, he isn't playing in the game. He would have to be one of the top 10 (or so) senior attackmen in the country. It looks like Xanders like Seebold and Lanchbury better than Archer.

UA AA is the top 44 players (give or take a couple spots if some guys can't participate) according to Ty Xanders. If Ty Xanders doesn't have him in his top 44, he isn't playing in the game. He would have to be one of the top 10 (or so) senior attackmen in the country. It looks like Xanders like Seebold and Lanchbury better than Archer.

What does Ty Xander's have to do with picking the UA team?

What does Ty Xander's have to do with picking the UA team?
I forget where I heard that he helps pick the teams. But, how would Under Armour know who the best HS lacrosse players are? The UAAA teams used to follow the top IL recruits almost exactly, probably when Xanders was at IL. Now they follow the Xanders rankings. If you look at the UAAA teams this year and his top 45 or so from the fall, you will see few differences.

The UAAA game is also put on in conjunction with Corrigan Sports and Inside Lacrosse, which seems a little strange that they wouldn't still use the IL rankings

I forget where I heard that he helps pick the teams. But, how would Under Armour know who the best HS lacrosse players are? The UAAA teams used to follow the top IL recruits almost exactly, probably when Xanders was at IL. Now they follow the Xanders rankings. If you look at the UAAA teams this year and his top 45 or so from the fall, you will see few differences.

The UAAA game is also put on in conjunction with Corrigan Sports and Inside Lacrosse, which seems a little strange that they wouldn't still use the IL rankings

As far as I know the UA team is picked from among the nation's regional UA teams. I believe one has to make a regional team, they compete for a few days and then the top players are picked off these teams.

He might be ranking his kids from these teams.

http://www.underarmourlacrosse.com/

http://www.underarmourlacrosse.com/underclass-tournament/

https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/underarmour17/Tryouts

2016 Under Armour All-America Lacrosse | Roster

(Upstate tryouts are next weekend in Geneva)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom