Ryan Norton | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Norton

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Did anyone see Norton on Saturday? Krautman was on the field, and Hodgkinson did all of the kicking.

Did Norton change numbers, and I wasn't paying enough attention to the kickers to figure that out? Or was he AWOL?

Fisher, the punter transferred after losing the job to Dixon. I think Norton is injured.

Technically Fisher left the team to concentrate on academics. I think he is still at SU. But no longer available for football.

LeMoyneCuse said:
Did anyone see Norton on Saturday? Krautman was on the field, and Hodgkinson did all of the kicking. Did Norton change numbers, and I wasn't paying enough attention to the kickers to figure that out? Or was he AWOL?

I asked the same thing in the game thread. Wonder if he is still suspended or got suspended again.

don't plan on seeing Norton making any more kicks for us.

Which kicker will cause me to meltdown this year? So many possibilities!

My New Year's resolution is to lock my computer away if any field goal inside 30 yards is missed.

Pretty confident we'll see a much better performance for FG's. Ross Krautman is recovering from surgery and everything is on track.

Which kicker will cause me to meltdown this year? So many possibilities!

My New Year's resolution is to lock my computer away if any field goal inside 30 yards is missed.
A missed 30 yarder/XP is so damn frustrating. Can deflate the momentum of a team wildly. To miss those types in a weather controlled environment is mind boggling to me.

That said, I can't kick for .

Pretty confident we'll see a much better performance for FG's. Ross Krautman is recovering from surgery and everything is on track.

Last season SU was 11/17 on field goals. Is that much worse than the average college team's FG numbers?

Last season SU was 11/17 on field goals. Is that much worse than the average college team's FG numbers?

Norton by himself was 10/15 ... tied for 78th. The NCAA doesn't track team FG %, just individual.

11/17 would have ranked in the 90's.

In Norton's defense, he was never recruited to kick FG's.

anomander said:

I didn't want to be the one to say that. I think he injured himself now too.

A missed 30 yarder/XP is so damn frustrating. Can deflate the momentum of a team wildly. To miss those types in a weather controlled environment is mind boggling to me.

Especially when they are blocked due to missed assignments on the OL (like Pitt)

I didn't want to be the one to say that. I think he injured himself now too.

Are we talking "making kicks" or "taking kicks?" There is a big difference between the two. To me, Norton was essentially a five star kid. SU had no kickoff game for years. He came in and changed that instantaneously. I think he made a huge difference.

Hope one of the kickers on the roster can kick a ball into the end zone off a tee.

When our unnamed kicker missed that 30-yarder in the BC game I drunkenly took my friends outside, had one of them hold the ball, and booted it straight that would have been good from at least 35.

Then I picked up a computer...

SU2NASA said:
When our unnamed kicker missed that 30-yarder in the BC game I drunkenly took my friends outside, had one of them hold the ball, and booted it straight that would have been good from at least 35. Then I picked up a computer...

image-3992784016.jpg

Hope one of the kickers on the roster can kick a ball into the end zone off a tee.

That doesn't bother me as much anymore.

Kick Return Defense:
2012 - Syracuse #2
2013 - Syracuse #4

JJReddawg said:
That doesn't bother me as much anymore. Kick Return Defense: 2012 - Syracuse #2 2013 - Syracuse #4

There's more a penalty now too as the ball is brought out to the 25 instead of 20.

We can always watch Norton on honey moooner re runs

Sounds like he's "sidelined"...

Riley Dixon was offered a scholarship by the Orange at the end of last season and seems to have solidified his spot as the team’s starting punter. But with rising senior Ross Krautman missing much of last season with a hip injury and rising junior Ryan Norton sidelined this spring, Jakubowski is ready to contend for kickoffs and field goals in the fall.

http://www.dailyorange.com/2014/04/...ki-prepares-to-compete-as-freshman-this-fall/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom