Class of 2016 - S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin

Really sucks that we got put in the death conference and Pitt got the easy peasy cakewalk conference in comparison.

Pitt is doomed to permanent mediocrity and an ongoing revolving door. I ain't even mad.

Pitt is doomed to permanent mediocrity and an ongoing revolving door. I ain't even mad.
And I'd bet somebody on the Pitt board has expressed the same sentiment about us since the move to the ACC

Free Article...

;Jul 27, 2015 | 04:00 am
Burrell Will 'Definitely' Take 'Cuse Official
One of the top safeties in the 2016 class will “definitely” take an official visit to Syracuse, he tells CuseNation.com. Owings Mills (Md.) McDonogh School safety Eric Burrell has been high on Syracuse every since his visit last month. That has turned into one of his five officials.
A date has not yet been set, as the two sides are still working on the details. But the Orange will get one, that much is known according to Burrell.
”I really like the head coach (Scott Shafer),” Burrell said after his June unofficial visit. I met with him after the camp. I talked to him for about an hour or so.”
Bonding with the Syracuse coaches was what really solidified his interest in the Orange. Syracuse has stayed in touch ever since to make sure he knows that he is a big priority.

Other than his official to Syracuse, Burrell has four others he can take. He has already scheduled one to Nebraska, and tweeted last month that Iowa and Wisconsin would also receive visits.
That leaves one left on his slate. He told CuseNation.com last month that Duke would most likely receive one, which could round out his five.
The official visits will likely tell the tale with his recruitment, and Syracuse will get their shot to make a big impression.

Free Article...

;Jul 27, 2015 | 04:00 am
Burrell Will 'Definitely' Take 'Cuse Official
One of the top safeties in the 2016 class will “definitely” take an official visit to Syracuse, he tells . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Owings Mills (Md.) McDonogh School safety Eric Burrell has been high on Syracuse every since his visit last month. That has turned into one of his five officials.
A date has not yet been set, as the two sides are still working on the details. But the Orange will get one, that much is known according to Burrell.
”I really like the head coach (Scott Shafer),” Burrell said after his June unofficial visit. I met with him after the camp. I talked to him for about an hour or so.”
Bonding with the Syracuse coaches was what really solidified his interest in the Orange. Syracuse has stayed in touch ever since to make sure he knows that he is a big priority.

Other than his official to Syracuse, Burrell has four others he can take. He has already scheduled one to Nebraska, and tweeted last month that Iowa and Wisconsin would also receive visits.
That leaves one left on his slate. He told . . . . . . . . . . . . . . last month that Duke would most likely receive one, which could round out his five.
The official visits will likely tell the tale with his recruitment, and Syracuse will get their shot to make a big impression.
I love our coaches ability to seal the deal once kids get on campus. And he's already been blown away once on his unofficial. Let's see if an official can't send this kid to The Hill for the next 4-5 years.

Eric, we'd love to see you in Orange. Come join the family atmosphere up here at the Cuse!

Really want to get this kid. Think it comes down to Cuse, Wisconsin, and Duke, but Duke might be close to done at S, especially if they beat out Rutgers for Rene.

We definitely have the edge on early PT. I figure that's very attractive to him at this point.

Really want to get this kid. Think it comes down to Cuse, Wisconsin, and Duke, but Duke might be close to done at S, especially if they beat out Rutgers for Rene.

The Canadian kid? I didn't think Duke was a player for that kid.

The Canadian kid? I didn't think Duke was a player for that kid.

Ya you're right. Looks like he had them in his top 5 at one point, but don't see them listed anymore.

Apparently he just killed it at tOSU camp and they arre making a move for him. I guess it's better then him going to Rutgers.

EDIT: Actually here is the latest article on Rene w/ quotes.

Free article. Take the space out between R and I in

https://rutgers.r ivals.com/content.asp?CID=1786257

Last edited:
Ya you're right. Looks like he had them in his top 5 at one point, but don't see them listed anymore.

Apparently he just killed it at tOSU camp and they arre making a move for him. I guess it's better then him going to Rutgers.

definitely

I was about to come on this thread and try to assemble the #Cusetwitterarmy to give Burrell some love but it looks like we have in the past few days already. Lots of 'Cuse RT's on his twitter lately.

Yeah, he's extremely high on SU. I don't think we need to worry about being excluded from his top 5. Just wild guess time, I'd say his top 5 will be... Syracuse, Nebraska, Duke, Wisconsin, and maybe Iowa or Virginia. Total guess on 3 of those 5. I'm only certain that SU and Nebraska will be included.

I'm gonna be honest here, if I were a recruit I'd be annoyed by the massive amounts of mail. I guess that's just me though?

I'm gonna be honest here, if I were a recruit I'd be annoyed by the massive amounts of mail. I guess that's just me though?
I think it would be awesome for a while, and then it would get old real fast when Mom made me take out the trash everyday.

I was thinking the same thing...:eek:

I'd love it. I mean who gets mail at that age...:)

I feel bad for the guys who have to sign all those...

It's like having a great new boyfriend/girlfriend who is really attentive at first but after a while you discover they are a stalker and your pet rabbit ends up boiled in a pot. Is that too extreme?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom