Class of 2016 - S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin

Offers include...

BC, Duke, Navy, Pitt, Nebraska, UVA, VT, Wake, Wisc, Syracuse

Is it wrong that I want like 4 safeties in this class?! I guess I'll feel better if/when Blair qualifies.
I want 5 DBs in general. One of the main reasons I think that Scoop Bradshaw is essential is because I think he can play CB or S, so yeah...5 in general. We'll see how it shakes out.

Kid has free safety written all over him, excellent key and diagnosis and a strong hard runner - he literally stomps. I don't see him as a D1 corner. Natural robber/bandit in a cover 2 set but I don't think you get much versatility with this one.

Wants to commit soon. What are our chances? I have a feeling we have a good shot but I have no inside info.

Very nice development seeing Burrell make a visit today. I didn't think we were a serious player, but it looks like we are very much in the picture. Harper and Scoop are great pick ups, but if we can get someone the caliber of Burrell then we're really cooking. This kid is a stud.

Agreed. I love Scoop, and I'm a fan of Harper as well, but getting a 4-star talent like Burrell would really turn some heads.

Until they demote him to a 3 star following his commitment.

I actually think he did lose a start at skout, but that didn't have to do with us. Regardless the kid looks like a player.

anomander said:
I actually think he did lose a start at skout, but that didn't have to do with us. Regardless the kid looks like a player.

Yeah - he tweeted something back to them about that. I don't think he's very happy about that lost star.

His Twitter is fun right now. I think he loved Cuse more than he thought he would. And he's not loving NJ (there for Rutgers camp in the am).

My interpretation of a teenager's Twitter post goes like this: He came up to Cuse because he already arranged to and he's a man of his word. He wasn't expecting much and planned to commit to a school a couple of days later with Cuse not being a factor. Only problem is, there ended up being a monkey wrench in his plan. He didn't expect to like his Syracuse visit as much as he did. He enjoyed the school, the facilities and the coaches. Now what? He's stressed because he thought he knew where he was going to commit. He didn't expect to fall in love with Cuse. He's also getting a lot of love from SU fans on Twitter. Now he's got other visits he's going on, and just wants the whole process to be over with.

At least, that's how I'd like to imagine it went.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom