Class of 2016 - S Jahsen Wint (NY)- Verbal to Ohio St. | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Jahsen Wint (NY)- Verbal to Ohio St.

OburgCuse

Starter
Seems like this guy was flying under the radar and committed to Temple. He has recently been offered by Ohio St (Ash primary recruiter) and took an official there and now Rutgers is on him since Ash has moved over there.

Plays at Erasmus Hall (Same school Wayne Morgan came from). Him and coach Lewis are now following each other on twitter and he retweeted Lewis tweeting about contacting potential NY domedudes so assuming he's one of them fwiw

Seems like this guy was flying under the radar and committed to Temple. He has recently been offered by Ohio St (Ash primary recruiter) and took an official there and now Rutgers is on him since Ash has moved over there.

Plays at Erasmus Hall (Same school Wayne Morgan came from). Him and coach Lewis are now following each other on twitter and he retweeted Lewis tweeting about contacting potential NY domedudes so assuming he's one of them fwiw

I LOVE this tape. If Babers & Co. want dbacks that can hit, I'm pretty sure they found one. Would love to see him in orange.

Here is an article on his OSU offer, which has raised interest in him among many schools.

Our previous staff never offered. Asleep at the switch, as they were consistently in the NYC area. Not good.

Linkage

Good catch. I saw the follows yesterday but it was before the RT.

Same school as Curtis Samuel too. Should help OSU's cause. Wish he wrapped up more. Consistently going for the big hit out there.

It would be shocking to see him turn down tOSU offer. He has had that offer since Sunday, 12/13. OSU has the top ranked class for 2016 (last I checked) and I would guess they have multiple offers out to other SSs. He probably would need to pull that trigger very soon. When did Wint start following Lewis?

It would be shocking to see him turn down tOSU offer. He has had that offer since Sunday, 12/13. OSU has the top ranked class for 2016 (last I checked) and I would guess they have multiple offers out to other SSs. He probably would need to pull that trigger very soon. When did Wint start following Lewis?
I only noticed Wint yesterday but only because the name was familiar... was a kid we offered in 2014. Maybe others noticed it before.

Reactions: 007
Would LOVE to get this kid but we're too late to the party on this one. He's going OSU.

Old staff had him up for camp and declined to offer. Should've pulled the trigger then before OSU offered.

Would LOVE to get this kid but we're too late to the party on this one. He's going OSU.

Old staff had him up for camp and declined to offer. Should've pulled the trigger then before OSU offered.
I wouldn't be so sure. Ash was his primary recruiter and he is retweeting a lot of RU tweets. Some kids want to stay closer to home.

Does he have a committable offer from OSU?

I was going to ask the same thing. Ditto with PSU. Both will be tough to beat if they are committable, especially Urban. But glad that we are trying

Is it me or is the hitting the defenseless receiver the dumbest rule ever? Im all for taking out the head but come on, if the qb leaves the wr out and the wr wants to try and go get it, then thats on them.

Is it me or is the hitting the defenseless receiver the dumbest rule ever? Im all for taking out the head but come on, if the qb leaves the wr out and the wr wants to try and go get it, then thats on them.

Having played and coached the game...protecting "defenseless" players is one of the SMARTEST rules ever, IMO. This especially true now that the medical and national spotlight is on the long-terms effects of concussions and brain related trauma.

I wouldn't be so sure. Ash was his primary recruiter and he is retweeting a lot of RU tweets. Some kids want to stay closer to home.
He's not going to Rutgers. It would take a miracle to get him away from OSU and I even think Cuse would land him before Rutgers. He does have a committable offer to OSU.

Having played and coached the game...protecting "defenseless" players is one of the SMARTEST rules ever, IMO. This especially true now that the medical and national spotlight is on the long-terms effects of concussions and brain related trauma.

I must respectfully disagree on this one. Im all for limiting concussions but i dont like giving the offense player free reign in these situations. Obviously, a helmet to helmet or high hit still needs to be penalized.

I must respectfully disagree on this one. Im all for limiting concussions but i dont like giving the offense player free reign in these situations. Obviously, a helmet to helmet or high hit still needs to be penalized.

Yes, I understand your point. 2 things - the DBs can still light up receivers going over the middle, they just can't take head shots. Not sure how that would equate to offense players having "free reign." Secondly, the targeting rule protects offense and defensive players. A player on O was thrown out of the bowl game last night for a helmet to helmet hit on a peal back block.

This rule is here to stay.

Yes, I understand your point. 2 things - the DBs can still light up receivers going over the middle, they just can't take head shots. Not sure how that would equate to offense players having "free reign." Secondly, the targeting rule protects offense and defensive players. A player on O was thrown out of the bowl game last night for a helmet to helmet hit on a peal back block.

With all due respect, you are either incorrect or talking of a different rule. A defender cannot hit a wr who is in a defenseless position regardless if the hit was to the head or not. The issue i have is hitting the defenseless wr not in the head. I think that rule stinks. Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: 007

Yet, look at the Louisville defender that was ejected on the first play yesterday. The receiver took his route directly at the defensive player, the defensive player hit with his shoulder, no helmet to helmet contact, didn't even have to move from his spot. What was he supposed to do? Move out of the way?

There is a targeting thread on the FB forum if you guys want to continue this discussion.

Just an aside Wint and Bah are now following each other.

That would be a nice 2 person addition to the class! Get them over for a visit this month.

I hope we get a look, considering our needs the early playing time is there.