Class of 2016 - S James Pierre (Fl) Did not qualify / to FAU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S James Pierre (Fl) Did not qualify / to FAU

PhatOrange said:
good thing recruits dont give a rats @zz about AD's. Only bored fans do.
Any sign of instability *could* play a part in a decision. I doubt that it matters too much, but still - prefer the "no news" method of on-campus visits.

Quick...get him to see Floyd Little before he bolts too.
Floyd's given everything to his University and he deserves a nice retirement. However, I hope he stays on a few extra months while we search for an (a real) AD.

Anyone have any info about how things went yesterday?
He didn't get in until last evening. He is probably getting shown around today and waiting for Babers to return from the ACC meetings.

jgeorge322 said:
I think theres an exception for d1 athletes that comes into play. I think su has more leeway however as a private institution.

Esp with UNC in damage control mode. Af few years ago he would have been accepted and directed to a certain major. UNC (supposedly) is a very good school with high admission/academic standards and well ranked programs.

It is not shameful to pick up a non admission from them now that the program is being extra careful and actually going through an admissions process.

1500x500

Doesn't mean anything buy I like his twitter page background.

Free Article

http://No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Article/breaking-pierre-commits-to-syracuse-45333172

Breaking: Pierre commits to Syracuse

Safety James Pierre (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) committed to Syracuse early this afternooon, as first-reported by 247Sports.com.

"I chose Syracuse because of the academics and what they can do for me education wise," Pierre said. "That's the big thing."

Pierre signed with North Carolina last cycle and received his release May 4.

Pierre was denied admissions by UNC.

Pierre said he plans to sign his Federal Aid Agreement with Syracuse this afternoon.

He said he's slated to enroll at Syracuse July 2.

Pierre (6-2, 180) officially visited Syracuse Wednesday through Friday.

"The biggest thing I liked about being there was how the players treated me," Pierre said. "There's some guys from (south Florida) that I can relate to and other guys from Jersey and Philadelphia that were cool, too."

Pierre said he liked the job coach Dino Babers and Nick Monroe did recruiting him.

"Coach Babers told me about the struggle and what he's been through," Pierre said. "He told me about all the players he's sent to the NFL. Coach Monroe has been on me since he was at Bowling Green and stayed on me."

As a senior, Pierre had 48 tackles, four interceptions and two pass deflections.

"I can play field safety and cornerback for them and help right away," Pierre said.

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation’s No. 48 safety and the No. 100 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

He’s immediately eligible and has five years to play four years.

Pierre is the 21st signee in the 2016 class for Syracuse and the fourth pledge from south Florida.

Last edited:
Florida kid, high talent, fills big need...really like this pickup...welcome to Cuse James...

Awesome! Badly needed secondary help!