Class of 2016 - S James Pierre (Fl) Did not qualify / to FAU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S James Pierre (Fl) Did not qualify / to FAU

CE2T4XfUIAAThKy.jpg

I am admittedly ignorant to the difference in our admission standards, but, if he could not get into UNC I'm inclined to believe he's going to struggle to get into Syracuse.

I'm not sure what the reason is for his release. He was committed to Miami before Golden got canned. Maybe he jumped to UNC too quickly. Plus I see from his twitter his Dad died. :noidea:

Looks like he had some good offers, and Bowling Green was recruiting him previously so he must be familiar with the coaches.

I'm not sure what the reason is for his release. He was committed to Miami before Golden got canned. Maybe he jumped to UNC too quickly. Plus I see from his twitter his Dad died. :noidea:
One of the links says he was denied admission to UNC so he is a late free agent.

At 6'2 175, he would give us some badly needed size at safety.

Runs really well. Might crack the two deep as a true frosh.

http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article75555.aspx

UNC safety signee James Pierre receives release from UNC

Thursday, May 05, 2016
Per his high school coach, Jevon Glenn, safety James Pierre (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) received his release from his National Letter of Intent that he signed in February with UNC. Pierre was denied admissions by UNC. As a senior, Pierre had 48 tackles, four interceptions and two pass deflections. Per Glenn, Pierre has already received interest from Syracuse, NC State, Illinois and Temple. (Carolina Blue)

One of the links says he was denied admission to UNC so he is a late free agent.

At 6'2 175, he would give us some badly needed size at safety.

Runs really well. Might crack the two deep as a true frosh.

I did see that UNC had a class of 26 with Pierre. Did they over recruit and want him to gray shirt?

as a 3 star 5.7 he'd be one of the highest rated kids in the class (whatever that's worth) at a position of need.

reportedly had offers from Miami, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisville, South Carolina, West Virginia and Wisconsin among others.

sign him up

Basically can't let him leave the visit without committing. Have to close when he is up here. Agree, position of need, with the size and talent to be a difference maker. Definitely a fortunate situation for us if it happens.

These are the types of guys and types of situations that a program like Syracuse needs to take advantage of.

We need to jumpstart things and catch a few breaks along the way...

Not saying this kid is going to assuredly be a star for us. But his offer list and size suggest he could be.

Love the approach the staff is taking, not leaving a stone unturned.

These are the types of guys and types of situations that a program like Syracuse needs to take advantage of.

We need to jumpstart things and catch a few breaks along the way...

Not saying this kid is going to assuredly be a star for us. But his offer list and size suggest he could be.

Love the approach the staff is taking, not leaving a stone unturned.

Agree across the board.

I am admittedly ignorant to the difference in our admission standards, but, if he could not get into UNC I'm inclined to believe he's going to struggle to get into Syracuse.
I don't know if UNC is different for athletes, but it's VERY hard to get into places like UNC, UVA, and UT-Austin as an out of state student. The elite places hold something like 80% of class places for in-state residents.