Class of 2015 - S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah

Well are their semesters even over? They may be waiting on final GPAs before they actually know.

I'd prefer not to jump to conclusions.
Do I remember correctly that either Shy or Blair would qualify with their prior test score as long as they were As and Bs for the last semester?

Well are their semesters even over? They may be waiting on final GPAs before they actually know.

Again I will state just because they don't immediately say Q or not Q doesn't make it our business. Plus they have additional test opportunities, and have fourth quarter and finals to get their GPAs higher.

We are rooting for them, but just because they are "radio silent" doesn't mean we should be reading into things.m

Do I remember correctly that either Shy or Blair would qualify with their prior test score as long as they were As and Bs for the last semester?
From above:

The Wooster (Ohio) High School safety and Syracuse signee is expected to finish with all 'B's in his final semester and would just need a slight increase in standardized test score to meet the NCAA's sliding-scale requirements, his coach Doug Haas said in a phone interview on Friday.

Blair is waiting to receive results on an ACT taken April 28 and an SAT taken May 2, Haas said. If he's still below the NCAA's requirements after his final grades come in, Haas said Blair will take summer classes to improve his core GPA and possibly sign up for another SAT in June.

Back to football, is Blair more of a SS or FS? Looking at the depth chart, you'd have to imagine that he'd get a look at SS, but his range looks more FS-like. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wooster's last day for students in May 27th unless they need to make days up. I'm not sure if they have a week or two of exams after the 27th or not.

Despite our need at safety, given Blair's qualification issues, I'm wondering if it would be best for him to redshirt, get his sea legs academically, get a bunch of credits under his belt, etc. to prepare him for long term sustainable success.

School and finals arent over yet.

Thats right. the difference is that Strickland just needed the test score. Blair and Cullen need the test score and a specific grade level.

Back to football, is Blair more of a SS or FS? Looking at the depth chart, you'd have to imagine that he'd get a look at SS, but his range looks more FS-like. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I think he would be the best FS and SS on the roster from day one but IMHO, he would be placed at SS.

In part because of the lack of depth there, in part because of how he hits and in part because I would think it would be a little easier to play SS than FS right away.

Thats right. the difference is that Strickland just needed the test score. Blair and Cullen need the test score and a specific grade level.

Dontae needed both as well - all As and Bs this year for him.

Its a sliding scale so you have to get a min.score on sat act or a corresponding gpa to the level. so if you have a gpa of 2.0 you need a 1010 on the sat. if your gpa is 2.5 you need a 875 and so on. 2.0 1010 is the min qualifying though.

I'll never understand why they bothered to change the SAT to three parts if they only count two parts for stuff like this. I laughed at the time, and I laugh now. Hahahahaha. See? I was laughing, just there.

I'll never understand why they bothered to change the SAT to three parts if they only count two parts for stuff like this. I laughed at the time, and I laugh now. Hahahahaha. See? I was laughing, just there.
Kinda like when your paid restaurant bill comes back to the table and there are 3 slips of paper. One for merchant. One for customer. What is the 3rd one for?

Thats ok the rules and scores and the test all change for the 16 kids. easier tests with higher score requirements.

jekelish said:

Some colleges consider all 3 parts, math, reading and writing for admissions. So colleges only consider math and reading. Starting next school year, it goes back to only a 2 part SAT again, math and reading. Writing will go away.

NCAA eligibility only uses the 2. And the scale changed this year for incoming freshman. Used to be 2.0 was the minimum GPA. It's now 2.3 to play as a frosh. 2.0 still allows you to practice and be on scholie but you have to sit out. Then there's the SAT/ACT scale.

School and finals arent over yet.

All I meant is they still must not have got what they needed or we would have heard, like Strickland. Just assuming they still have a little bit of work to do.

rrlbees said:
Some colleges consider all 3 parts, math, reading and writing for admissions. So colleges only consider math and reading. Starting next school year, it goes back to only a 2 part SAT again, math and reading. Writing will go away. NCAA eligibility only uses the 2. And the scale changed this year for incoming freshman. Used to be 2.0 was the minimum GPA. It's now 2.3 to play as a frosh. 2.0 still allows you to practice and be on scholie but you have to sit out. Then there's the SAT/ACT scale.

Here's both the old and new requirements and sliding scales.

http://www.nacacnet.org/research/knowledgecenter/documents/ncaaquickreference.pdf

Friggin awesome news today! Assuming everyone qualifies when is the last time that happened with a Syracuse class? I don't remember it ever happening since i've been following. This is huge. Usually we are missing like 2 of the top 4 players in a class. If this happened every year i'd venture to guess we could probably get ourselves another win or two each season.

That's too bad. These things never seem to work out in our favor. Hopefully it's as easy as the coach says.