Class of 2015 - S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah

He got a test score needed based upon his GPA on the core courses of which 5 of the courses were deemed not able to be used. Not everything is a conspiracy and the eligibility requirements are met by most kids but every year there are 1-2 that just don't make it.

This isn't about some conspiracy, I couldn't care less about that garbage. This is about what is fair to prospective student athletes. If a kid is deemed to have graduated by his state board of ed, if he's achieved minimum qualifying scores on standardized tests, and if he gets accepted into the school he's committed to, then that should be enough.

After all, the standardized tests are the only thing in this whole equation that are apples to apples.

tep624 said:
This isn't about some conspiracy, I couldn't care less about that garbage. This is about what is fair to prospective student athletes. If a kid is deemed to have graduated by his state board of ed, if he's achieved minimum qualifying scores on standardized tests, and if he gets accepted into the school he's committed to, then that should be enough. After all, the standardized tests are the only thing in this whole equation that are apples to apples.

Again, graduating from HS does not equal ready for college. Not close. Again, the minimum SAT score is based upon GPA. His GPA may have been lower if the proper courses were taken, thus a higher SAT would be needed. And lastly again, he was an at risk kid like Shafer said. You can say SU accepted him, but I am sure it was contingent upon being NCAA eligible and if not for the football exception, he would not be accepted at SU. You're twisting things around due to frustration.

This is good news. Puts him in a CC that we have ties to and hopefully the coach there will help fend off other suitors.

The SID job at Dodge City is open, should I apply for it just so I can be in Marquise's ear for the next two years to keep him focused on SU?

Hey you gotta do what you gotta do to help the team!

Don't the JUCO rules allow for 1 1/2 years of school and just 1 season of playing time leaving Blair with 3 years of eligibility to play at SU?

chakka3421 said:
Don't the JUCO rules allow for 1 1/2 years of school and just 1 season of playing time leaving Blair with 3 years of eligibility to play at SU?

Highly doubt a JC coach, especially a successful program as Dodge will let a kid sign on just to do him a favor and let him RS. These guys want to win games just like anyone else. He will play 2 years there I have no doubt.

Why does he have to go to JC at all? If he is just short some high school credits why can't he just take a few classes in a post graduate HS year?

Highly doubt a JC coach, especially a successful program as Dodge will let a kid sign on just to do him a favor and let him RS. These guys want to win games just like anyone else. He will play 2 years there I have no doubt.

RoofBeam said:
Why does he have to go to JC at all? If he is just short some high school credits why can't he just take a few classes in a post graduate HS year?

You are only allowed to make up one class in post grad to qualify. Most often kids are gunning for better test scores or a better offer.

As expected, Marquise is blowing up. Still pisses me off.

John Zetmeir ‏@J_Zetmeir Sep 6

This pretty much sums up the @DC3Football win over Garden City. Marquise Blair and Jacob Harshberger got after it.

COOW9X4UEAEZCr0.jpg

Any academic news about Blair? If he passes this semester he SHOULD be eligible for January admission and sing ball/camp.

It's October 2, in his first semester of junior college. What possible news could there be? He hasn't even taken midterms yet, I'm guessing.

And no, he's not going to be eligible. He had, if I recall, 5 to 6 classes he had to account for. He's not going to be eligible for January no matter what.

I like the running back in those clips. he's out of south florida i think. forget his name.

Marquis Blair is playing LB on a talented JC team. 19 tackles and 4.5 sacks so far this season. There's a kid on his team, Quandreko Statham, a DB, who's had 45 tackles, 2 Fumble recoveries and 3 interceptions through five games. We need to look at him.

Marquis Blair is playing LB on a talented JC team. 19 tackles and 4.5 sacks so far this season. There's a kid on his team, Quandreko Statham, a DB, who's had 45 tackles, 2 Fumble recoveries and 3 interceptions through five games. We need to look at him.
I'd extend an offer based on "The Transporter" nickname potential alone