Class of 2015 - S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S Marquise Blair (OH) Committed and signed to Utah

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...l?hootPostID=757145ea9c75379afc79481a30290f45

Any updates on Marquise Blair? Thanks!

— Brad Spencer

We started with a one-time commitment, so it seems fitting that we end with a note on another.

You may remember Blair was a three-(or four) star safety from Wooster High School in Ohio that was committed to the Orange but failed to academically qualify this year.

Blair enrolled in junior college, where he must spend two years before being able to play football at the FBS level. His signed letter of intent to Syracuse was nullified, and he is free to sign with any school in the future.

Well, turns out Blair is, in fact, a good player, just as Syracuse believed.

He is actually listed as a linebacker at Dodge City Community College in Kansas. And in nine games, Blair has recorded 45 tackles (11 for loss, including 7.5 sacks), three forced fumbles, an interception and five quarterback hurries.

If he keeps playing at that level, Syracuse won't be the only school pursuing him to sign on in 2017.

CuseLegacy said:
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...l?hootPostID=757145ea9c75379afc79481a30290f45 Any updates on Marquise Blair? Thanks! — Brad Spencer We started with a one-time commitment, so it seems fitting that we end with a note on another. You may remember Blair was a three-(or four) star safety from Wooster High School in Ohio that was committed to the Orange but failed to academically qualify this year. Blair enrolled in junior college, where he must spend two years before being able to play football at the FBS level. His signed letter of intent to Syracuse was nullified, and he is free to sign with any school in the future. Well, turns out Blair is, in fact, a good player, just as Syracuse believed. He is actually listed as a linebacker at Dodge City Community College in Kansas. And in nine games, Blair has recorded 45 tackles (11 for loss, including 7.5 sacks), three forced fumbles, an interception and five quarterback hurries. If he keeps playing at that level, Syracuse won't be the only school pursuing him to sign on in 2017.

Really think we would have at least 1, maybe 2 more wins if Blair was playing this year . Going to be interesting to see if Blair still crosses Syracuse when all the name schools come calling next year because if his grades were in order he would be wearing the scarlet and gray this year. Hopefully Syracuse believing in him originally will have some weight.

And YES this is the stud JUCO players that I would like to see us recruit!

Really think we would have at least 1, maybe 2 more wins if Blair was playing this year . Going to be interesting to see if Blair still crosses Syracuse when all the name schools come calling next year because if his grades were in order he would be wearing the scarlet and gray this year. Hopefully Syracuse believing in him originally will have some weight.

And YES this is the stud JUCO players that I would like to see us recruit!

I have concerns about him playing LB [as opposed to safety] and how that will impact his readiness to transition to the next level, but this kid sure would look good playing alongside Cordy. Huge blow, given how porous our pass defense is.

Any updates on Marquise Blair? Thanks!

— Brad Spencer

We started with a one-time commitment, so it seems fitting that we end with a note on another.

You may remember Blair was a three-(or four) star safety from Wooster High School in Ohio that was committed to the Orange but failed to academically qualify this year.

Blair enrolled in junior college, where he must spend two years before being able to play football at the FBS level. His signed letter of intent to Syracuse was nullified, and he is free to sign with any school in the future.

Well, turns out Blair is, in fact, a good player, just as Syracuse believed.

He is actually listed as a linebacker at Dodge City Community College in Kansas. And in nine games, Blair has recorded 45 tackles (11 for loss, including 7.5 sacks), three forced fumbles, an interception and five quarterback hurries.

If he keeps playing at that level, Syracuse won't be the only school pursuing him to sign on in 2017.
Highly doubt a JC coach, especially a successful program as Dodge will let a kid sign on just to do him a favor and let him RS. These guys want to win games just like anyone else. He will play 2 years there I have no doubt.

It was my initial understanding that Blair was short "some credits but not towers worth at aJC. It was even thought this way by another MAJOR SITE.Sorry. I was hoping Blair would be here by January

I have concerns about him playing LB [as opposed to safety] and how that will impact his readiness to transition to the next level, but this kid sure would look good playing alongside Cordy. Huge blow, given how porous our pass defense is.
He plays LB because it' s JUCO. He'll still be a safety at this level.

Would be great if he could sit out next year and then transfer here with 3 to play 3.

He plays LB because it' s JUCO. He'll still be a safety at this level.

So what? There are positional / assignment nuances he might not develop due to playing another position. That's why I would prefer to have him playing safety.

BUMP

Since MB is from Ohio, I'm sure somebody on the staff knows Blair. I wonder if we'll show interest?

Btw, BGSU didn't offer Blair.
We should be all over him to come to Syracuse.Even Eric White should be making contact with Blair and updating Dion if needed

So does he still fit Dino's idea (physically) of a Safety or outside LBer?

So does he still fit Dino's idea (physically) of a Safety or outside LBer?
He was like 6'3'' if I remember correctly, should be perfect size to play safety. He would have started last season if he made it here.

Have to imagine Shafer has stayed in touch. They a good relationship from what I remember.

Have to imagine Shafer has stayed in touch. They a good relationship from what I remember.
I agree...it could come down to MD and Cuse. Also...never count out KSU and Kansas.

With the 4 or 5 scholarships we have available to back date, it would have been a perfect scenario if Blair graduated in December. Unfortunately, he won't graduate until the Spring. Still, I have to assume we will be heavily involved.

anomander said:
With the 4 or 5 scholarships we have available to back date, it would have been a perfect scenario if Blair graduated in December. Unfortunately, he won't graduate until the Spring. Still, I have to assume we will be heavily involved.

Wait so he could be eligible for the 2016 season? He qualifies for 1 yr of CC/JC? If so that would be great. I know I knew the particulars of this one last summer just cant remember.

Wait so he could be eligible for the 2016 season? He qualifies for 1 yr of CC/JC? If so that would be great. I know I knew the particulars of this one last summer just cant remember.

He has to spend two years at JUCO.

If he hustles, maybe he can get done in a year and a half.

Either he enrolls in January 2017, or August 2017. Or never.

No. I had to read Anos post twice because I had a "say what" moment also.

I'm talking about this upcoming December, not last December.

CuseLegacy said:
No. I had to read Anos post twice because I had a "say what" moment also.

Thanks I guess I should have read it three times. :) I know there have been a couple cases where we have rectruited a one year Juco player but all those guys were Juco by choice not Juco by Qual guys. So l was confused but oh so hopeful we had found a loophole.

Last edited: