Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

exhibit A why you keep recruiting other kids. We would obviously not hold this against him like other coaching staffs would and in some cases it's been noted we've encouraged other visits but because of them you just never know. His comment about saving 2 trips because other schools might 'come in' is more of a red flag to me. Kelly wants that Ped State offer.

I think the fine line is what other kids do you continue to recruit. I'd frankly want to recruit and offer AList kids and not a fall back BLister in January. I would probably be open with Kelly and say your our #1 but we're going to continue to recruit X, Y and Z kids. If one of those kids wanted on board then what do you do?

I think it's also Exhibit A as to why you keep recruiting the kids that committed. It looks strange when you see a commit show off 65 hand-written letters, but the coaches know they must keep themselves in front with a commit.

please don't turn this into a worrywart thread...save it for febuary

and no i'm not turning this into a worry wort thread but even that's better than seeing most of the tangents these threads take on. I mean anything is better than the direction the Milan thread is now going.

I wouldn't worry about kids taking officials. Shy will take officials. It has nothing to do with flipping but kids need to be respectful to other teams. Some schools will lose coaches before signing day and new coaches at not be as excited about kids they have offered or may have a relationship with a coach and if that coach is gone they may need a second option. All things stay the same kids are going nowhere. This 2015 crew spends a ton of time in group chats and tweeting and texting. Shy is already like best friends with a couple kids... In not to worried about most of them going anywhere

I wouldn't worry about kids taking officials. Shy will take officials. It has nothing to do with flipping but kids need to be respectful to other teams. Some schools will lose coaches before signing day and new coaches at not be as excited about kids they have offered or may have a relationship with a coach and if that coach is gone they may need a second option. All things stay the same kids are going nowhere. This 2015 crew spends a ton of time in group chats and tweeting and texting. Shy is already like best friends with a couple kids... In not to worried about most of them going anywhere
The key words are "Most of them". What stinks about from a school/staff/fan point of view is the school is expected to stick to the commitment if the player gets hurt or has a bad year, but the kid doesn't have to if he has a very good year and switches when he gets a new and "better" offer in his mind.

It speaks to the ability of the staff to identify early, good players that other schools end up wanting. Also shows that they know the type of players that will do well at this level, just need to hold on to the recruits, which I believe they will hold most of them.

Listen guys, if we're going to get better, the recruits have to get better (and they are). That means that other schools will be interested in those same recruits, other good schools. If we're going after good kids, they will have options. We have to win those battles.

Question for Shys Dad, if there was an "early signing period" would you have had your kid sign early? I ask becuase as a "fan" I think the early signing period will get the dominos to fall much quicker. Bigger schools wont be able to put a kid on the side burner with a promise of an offer late in the period. It will be a or get off the pot scenario for the coaches and how they offer.

The key words are "Most of them". What stinks about from a school/staff/fan point of view is the school is expected to stick to the commitment if the player gets hurt or has a bad year, but the kid doesn't have to if he has a very good year and switches when he gets a new and "better" offer in his mind.

On the other hand, coaches can switch schools with no penalty but kids transferring have to sit out a year. SO, not everything's stacked in their favor.

On the other hand, coaches can switch schools with no penalty but kids transferring have to sit out a year. SO, not everything's stacked in their favor.
I agree-That rule stinks, too. Should be tougher for Coaches to get out of their contracts.

This is common place with high level recruits. The reason they are high level recruits in the first place is because they are highly coveted. Would you rather have someone not taking other visits because he doesn't have anyone else interested? If other teams are so interested in one of our recruits they want to use 1 of their limited official visits on them then it means we have a good prospect. Go up and down the rosters of Bama, LSU, Clemson, FSU, they all have a bunch of committed kids visiting other schools despite being firmly committed. This is no surprise, nor should it be worrisome.

A kid wants to take a paid for visit to campuses around the country? The horror! He must not be committed and not doing it for fun.

Seriously though, why not take a few visits as a recruit and enjoy the process as much as possible? Visits to those big schools are usually fairly wild and the recruits have a good time. Let the staff worry about keeping the kids. I trust them as long as they don't take a page out of Flood's handbook and start rescinding scholarship offers because kids take officials at a few schools. Allow the kids to enjoy the few parts of this process that aren't stressful.

Listen guys, if we're going to get better, the recruits have to get better (and they are). That means that other schools will be interested in those same recruits, other good schools. If we're going after good kids, they will have options. We have to win those battles.

Question for Shys Dad, if there was an "early signing period" would you have had your kid sign early? I ask becuase as a "fan" I think the early signing period will get the dominos to fall much quicker. Bigger schools wont be able to put a kid on the side burner with a promise of an offer late in the period. It will be a or get off the pot scenario for the coaches and how they offer.
Absolutely he would have. I believe showing the coaches your 100%committed as soon as possible will only help your future with them. Plus I believe after signing day they give you more of the plays and stuff to work on to get inter grated with the team. Can never get started on that too early

This is common place with high level recruits. The reason they are high level recruits in the first place is because they are highly coveted. Would you rather have someone not taking other visits because he doesn't have anyone else interested? If other teams are so interested in one of our recruits they want to use 1 of their limited official visits on them then it means we have a good prospect. Go up and down the rosters of Bama, LSU, Clemson, FSU, they all have a bunch of committed kids visiting other schools despite being firmly committed. This is no surprise, nor should it be worrisome.
Great post. Period.

Why?
I don't mean to speak for texascpa, but I think he is probably referring to the fact that PSU had the scholarship restriction removed today. Given that it was pretty well documented that Kelly was pushing hard for a PSU schollie, i think he would be a candidate to flip. Hope we can hold onto him.

I don't mean to speak for texascpa, but I think he is probably referring to the fact that PSU had the scholarship restriction removed today. Given that it was pretty well documented that Kelly was pushing hard for a PSU schollie, i think he would be a candidate to flip. Hope we can hold onto him.

Well that is the thing about a love affair... if there isn't mutual attraction on both sides it usually goes nowhere. Just because Kelly is desirous of an offer from PSU doesn't mean that now that they can offer more recruits he is a target for them.

We will just have to wait and see on all these kids. It is a long time until February.

BxIH1o-CcAA7luQ.jpg:large