Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

Guy is a player.

Great ball skills and looks like he really enjoys contact.

I wonder what position the team recruits him for. My guess is WR.

Good tape a little light on length. Size is right 6'-3" for a safety/wr is always good news and hes no stick solid HS reported weight 201 for that height I see a saftey based in the violence of a few of those hits and the ability to make the tackle/open field takcle where many of his teammates had failed. Always nice to have a SS that can make the int not drop it but whatever side of the ball interesting offer. with college S&C at his size he might be able to come in as a 3rd down LB also to get an extra cover guy on the field who can still lay a serious hit.

Visiting 1/31/2014

Nice. Really hope they are using this date as a Junior Day as well as an OV date.

imo if we are going to have kids drive 4 hours plus for the most part we need to give them some incentive. The Syracuse-Duke hoops game could be just that. Hopefully we see more HS JR's setting up visits on this day

Previous
Next

• ⚡️Louie V⚡‏@KellyDaiquan 1h
    Syracuse with my boys @Jayy_Manuel14 @_Rojas23
    1f64c.png
    pic.twitter.com/d8p9kgwzgX

The coaches were all over these guys! White went in between this group and another which had a young man in a green track suit and a dad. Shafer came out right before game and spoke to them for a few minutes. How do I know? I am in the picture thus saith the Sleuth. :crazy:

The coaches were all over these guys! White went in between this group and another which had a young man in a green track suit and a dad. Shafer came out right before game and spoke to them for a few minutes. How do I know? I am in the picture thus saith the Sleuth. :crazy:
Is that you with your mom's arm on your right shoulder in the center-left of the photo? ;-)

imo this is a huge prospect for us. would be great to get one of UC's best prospects here. they consistently pump out numerous BCS athletes each year. plus this is looking like a fight between Cuse, Rutgers, and Pitt. he could hold out to see is PSU offers since they are tyring to string him along, but it's looking like they won't.

Is that you with your mom's arm on your right shoulder in the center-left of the photo? ;-)
Lol, I am sitting under the student section sign just sluething. In the right light you might see a shadow. :cool:

Premium Rutgers thread on Kelly dated today so they must be worried.

Who's #2 in the pic? Is that Kelly?

One site indicates that his favorite school is LSU. Hello ... two times in your career my friend. You can start at safety in Death Valley.

From something I read today...

Kelly is a top-500 prospect in the 2015 class. He’s ranked the No. 60 athlete in the country and the No. 10 prospect in New Jersey by 2..7. Some schools are recruiting him as a DB but it looks like Cuse is recruiting him as a WR.

He visited PSU the weekend before and has been there twice in the past month but no committable offer. If they do offer him he tweeted he would put them in his top 5.

He is considered a “high three-star” and could move to a four-star rating with a good senior year. He runs a 4.6 40 yard dash. He is 6-3, 200 pounds.

Kelly is a top-500 prospect in the 2015 class. He’s ranked the No. 60 athlete in the country and the No. 10 prospect in New Jersey by 2..7. Some schools are recruiting him as a DB but it looks like Cuse is recruiting him as a WR.

He visited PSU the weekend before and has been there twice in the past month but no committable offer. If they do offer him he tweeted he would put them in his top 5.

He is considered a “high three-star” and could move to a four-star rating with a good senior year. He runs a 4.6 40 yard dash. He is 6-3, 200 pounds.

Translation: if he goes to BC he's a four star, if he comes here he's a two star.

we are recruiting him at safety, which is good since it seems he prefers defense. looks like a bigger Eskridge

@KellyDaiquan
Just got my 5th offer from Syracuse #UCPRIDE #Dedication

Union City, NJ

Umass, Rutgers, Pitt, UVA, Syracuse

Impressive film. Good to see us getting involved with safeties with some real size now. We need that to be competitive with schools like FSU and Clemson.

Union City HS is about 5 blocks from the Lincoln Tunnel. It was built in 2009 when the old Union Hill and Emerson high schools were combined. They play their games on a field built on top of the school.

800px-UCHSField9.14.09ByLuigiNovi10.jpg