Class of 2015 - S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 S/WR Daiquan Kelly (NJ) Dismissed from PSU Will Sign with UMASS

DoctorBombay said:
He's a kid. Kids tend to do a$$holic things in their youthful enthusiasm...anyone who's raised one knows this to be true. :bang: The chest-bumping was stupid, much like a kid at his official announcement putting a different school's hat on, then removing it to reveal his "real" choice. Dumb? Stupid? Idiotic? Yes, all of the above, but not a deal breaker if the reason why he was dismissed is relatively minor. Talk to the kid, gauge his interest, see if he's learned some valuable lesson(s), then act accordingly. One mistake shouldn't mean a life sentence- depending on the mistake, of course. Tough crowd...

I understand the kid made a mistake and he absolutely should be able to play football, get an education and live happily ever after... Just not at Syracuse if it were my call, which it's not. There are hundreds of other schools that play football besides Syracuse. The kid will move on if Syracuse passes on him just like Syracuse moved on when reneged on his commitment.

Well considering he wants to play football and that's not an option at PSU anymore...uh, yes?

For all the comments about him possibly playing at SU, you'd think there would be one mention of other schools he's looking at or something about his future plans.
If you read his original comment about how much he loves PSU and his teammates and how he's going to work hard at his studies and work hard to get back on the field, maybe he thinks he's not done yet.
Just speculating.

Now that Blair is gone we better at least find out why he was kicked off the team. I said it before, but the staff obviously knows what type of kid Daquan is. If they they know him to be a good kid for the most part, and made a mistake most teenagers do then we better explore bringing him in. I'm really hoping it wasn't anything serious, and just Franklin looking to trim some fat from the roster. He was literally probably recruit 23-25 in the class, so it's definitely possible.

So big question I'm still trying to figure out: does he actually have to sit out a year, or would he be immediately eligible? I haven't seen that clarified anywhere officially.

Now that Blair is gone we better at least find out why he was kicked off the team. I said it before, but the staff obviously knows what type of kid Daquan is. If they they know him to be a good kid for the most part, and made a mistake most teenagers do then we better explore bringing him in. I'm really hoping it wasn't anything serious, and just Franklin looking to trim some fat from the roster. He was literally probably recruit 23-25 in the class, so it's definitely possible.
Chancellor is not playing games here anymore when it comes to athletes and academics...just leave it at that

Chancellor is not playing games here anymore when it comes to athletes and academics...just leave it at that

Kelly was an academic kid? Wasn't aware of that.

Very disappointed we didn't try to get back involved. Really frustrating we went from having 2 ultra talented 4star Safeties in Kelly and Blair, but enter the season with neither.

We desperately need some size at the safety position. Burrell isn't the biggest, but he's big enough, and talented enough to at least soften the blow from losing out on so much talent last class.

Kelly was an academic kid? Wasn't aware of that.
totally flew by you eh.....
He will not allow the sports teams to take anymore kids who are on the bubble academically......Kelly sounds like it was academics as legal issues were not the problem, but who really knows.

Apparently Kelly to Umass isn't necessarily a done deal...per tos

Apparently Kelly to Umass isn't necessarily a done deal...per tos

That would indicate to me that he's fielding more intriguing offers.

Hope we're in the mix, given the situation with Blair.

totally flew by you eh...
He will not allow the sports teams to take anymore kids who are on the bubble academically...Kelly sounds like it was academics as legal issues were not the problem, but who really knows.

Didn't sound like academics to me at all.