Sacramento Kings want Calipari | Syracusefan.com

Sacramento Kings want Calipari

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
The Kings are trying to gauge Cal's interest

They want him for coach AND GM, and they'd have to offer him a ton of cash to beat his Kentucky deal (around $8M/season I believe).

If Cal is ever going to leave UK, this might be high best spot, since he can control pretty much everything. They have two of his former players and an owner that wants to make a splash. I would love it and would love to see UK burn, and the sanctions that will come to light in the aftermath. Get it done Sactown!

I'm thinking George Karl is wondering if he really wanted to get back into coaching that badly at this point.

To be honest, with the money he's making at Kentucky, he kinda does have the best job in the world. He'd be going from the top to one of the worst franchises in the league.

I kinda hope he does go to the NBA so he doesn't have a stronghold over every top 20 player in the country, but I think he learned his lesson about the NBA the last time he did it with the Nets.

The Kinds are one of the dumbest teams in the league. Cal is slimy, but he's not dumb. Smart professionals don't generally associate with dumb ones.

only way he leaves is if he can see the pitch forks and torch's off the ncaa on the horizon

only way he leaves is if he can see the pitch forks and torch's off the ncaa on the horizon

Those pitch forks will torch Western Kentucky, they would never come to Lexington.

He said the same thing right before he left Memphis for UK.

The Kings job sucks and if he is leaving UK he is not going there. It would have to be a great job where he gets a crap load of control. Like if the Lakers dumped Mitch and Byron and gave him the keys to the whole place.

The Kings job sucks and if he is leaving UK he is not going there. It would have to be a great job where he gets a crap load of control. Like if the Lakers dumped Mitch and Byron and gave him the keys to the whole place.

Thats what I was thinking, if the Lakers got good in the next couple of years, and offered him like 10 mil a year, I could see Cal taking the job. Other than that, he will be at UK till he retires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom