Spoiler Alert - Saddest Television Moments? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spoiler Alert Saddest Television Moments?

I think something incredibly sad is going to happen in the second to last episode of season three of GoT.

Hopefully it will be balanced by something incredibly uplifting like the death of King Joffrey.

Walking Dead SPOILER ALERT*********

I was sad to see poor Axel take one to the head this week. The Governor is officially an a$$hole. So are his little bitch henchmen.

Last night's episode of "Downton Abbey" almost had me in tears, which is saying a lot. I'm usually immune to human deaths in films and television; animal deaths are a whole other story.

It got me thinking about some of the saddest moments on popular TV shows. "Six Feet Under" had a lot of them. I vaguely remember the father's death on "Good Times" being rather sad, but it might have been that I was just young.

Oops, I should have put in the title that it's a spoiler for "Downton Abbey." Mods, can you help?

Thanks

DOWNTON ABBEY SPOILER

Getting back to Downton, even though I completely expected what happened with Matthew I was still sad to see it. But hey, at least Downton has an heir!

Magnum PI.

when they killed him off in season 7 and he was walking off into the clouds (to John Denver "Looking to Space"), turns and gives that magnum smirk, classic.

the public outcry over his death was so loud, they brought him back to life for a 13 episode or so season 8.

560431_459952140724684_2106569160_n.jpg

I'll expect a bunch of these in this thread next week:

when Syracuse beat Georgetown and those damn kids stormed the court and dishonored the program

Another *Mash sad episode is the last one. Hawkeye's realisation that he smothered the infant.

Another *Mash sad episode is the last one. Hawkeye's realisation that he smothered the infant.
Actually IIRC, I think he was on a parked bus with others and a local woman smothered her own baby so the N Koreans wouldn't discover the bus. Then he was committed for a while. Or am I totally misremembering that?

Actually IIRC, I think he was on a parked bus with others and a local woman smothered her own baby so the N Koreans wouldn't discover the bus. Then he was committed for a while. Or am I totally misremembering that?
Probably me. God, has it been almost 30 years.

You are correct.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

nice call with the Buffy stuff swish. that show dealt with a lot of issues. its on my short list rewatch from season1 to finish.

fantastic show.

i always tell the nonbelievers or haters...if it wasnt called "'buffy' the VS", just 'the Vampire Slayer', you wouldve watched and been raving about it too.

i gotta give credit to Howard Stern for getting me into it.

The bus was hiding from a North Korean patrol. Hawkeye told the woman to "keep her damn chicken quiet". Only she didn't have a chicken.

The bus was hiding from a North Korean patrol. Hawkeye told the woman to "keep her damn chicken quiet". Only she didn't have a chicken.
wasnt this the central theme of 'Goodbye, Farewell, Amen'??

My saddest tv moment was when Arthur Fonzarelli donned the water skis and jumped over the great white shark.

nice call with the Buffy stuff swish. that show dealt with a lot of issues. its on my short list rewatch from season1 to finish.

fantastic show.

i always tell the nonbelievers or haters...if it wasnt called "'buffy' the VS", just 'the Vampire Slayer', you wouldve watched and been raving about it too.

i gotta give credit to Howard Stern for getting me into it.

Buffy's fan base includes a lot of super smart people. I know a boatload of PhDs that love it. The writing is brilliant. There might be better shows, but it is the best I've ever been into.

That said, convincing folks to give it a try, was always a bit awkward.

Buffy's fan base includes a lot of super smart people. I know a boatload of PhDs that love it. The writing is brilliant. There might be better shows, but it is the best I've ever been into.

Hey Swish. Do your PhD friends like Big Bang theory.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

count me in as another Buffy fan. Curiously, though, it has made me less of a Joss Whedon fan. His dialogue all seems stale now; it's all recycled from Buffy.

wasnt this the central theme of 'Goodbye, Farewell, Amen'??

Yep, that was basically the central plot (other than the whole end of the war thing) of that episode.

I was absolutely floored when my uncle (former outdoors writer for the Post-Standard) and aunt came to visit one year and I discovered he was a huge Buffy and Angel fan, mainly because he was a middle aged, very religious, staunch conservative, and I'm none of those things and thus at the other end of the spectrum and did not remotely anticipate him being a fan of those shows. It was a pleasant surprise.

I prefer Angel to Buffy, by the way. The closing scene to the series was a thing of beauty.

I was absolutely floored when my uncle (former outdoors writer for the Post-Standard) and aunt came to visit one year and I discovered he was a huge Buffy and Angel fan, mainly because he was a middle aged, very religious, staunch conservative, and I'm none of those things and thus at the other end of the spectrum and did not remotely anticipate him being a fan of those shows. It was a pleasant surprise.

I prefer Angel to Buffy, by the way. The closing scene to the series was a thing of beauty.
Angel got the young (?) alumni award from his alma mater, Ithaca College, this year when he came back as commencement speaker. He graduated with my wife and he had that brooding Angel look in his yearbook picture!