Class of 2015 - New Commit: Sam Romano (TX) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 New Commit: Sam Romano (TX) Mid

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
ILPreps@ILPreps
We've confirmed Syracuse's 1st commit in the 2015 class: Sam Romano, M, Episcopal School of Dallas. Rumblings of several more out there.

It's hard to Gauge the level of competition he's playing against.

It's hard to Gauge the level of competition he's playing against.
Texas is definitely a rising power in HS lax. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Having a cuse alum as a coach is reassuring. I'm sure he recommended him to Desko and he's been around the summer camp circuit.

Texas is definitely a rising power in HS lax. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Having a cuse alum as a coach is reassuring. I'm sure he recommended him to Desko and he's been around the summer camp circuit.

I worry about the low lacrosse iq's these players have.

Sam is our 2nd. Already have Adrian Nash committed.

JHU and UVA already have 9!

3rd... Just got the kid from Marcellus. Vaughn Harris from OCC might also be 2015

If Hutchings from Marcellus (haven't seen anywhere but this board, not saying it isn't fact), he is a 2014.

Yes, 2015s are a long way off and not locks to be studs. That said, the schools we will compete with (UNC, UMD, UVA, Hopkins, etc) have already filled their 2015 classes and are picking off 2016s. It is the way lacrosse recruiting is done today, like it or not.

If Hutchings from Marcellus (haven't seen anywhere but this board, not saying it isn't fact), he is a 2014.

Yes, 2015s are a long way off and not locks to be studs. That said, the schools we will compete with (UNC, UMD, UVA, Hopkins, etc) have already filled their 2015 classes and are picking off 2016s. It is the way lacrosse recruiting is done today, like it or not.

my bad on Hutchings, thought he was 2015...

Don't like to hear that SU is behind the curve that much... Could it be a product of so much talent coming in the next few years that top kids are reluctant to commit, without certainty of playing time?

Duke, Hopkins,Maryland, UVa and UNC have been leading the early recruiting charge year after year. Maryland is loaded with top offensive in the 2013 class, that said they have some very good offensive players lined up in their next two classes include Adam Dimilo from Buffalo, one of the top 2014 middies. SU is 6 to 12 months behind the current recruiting curve, I think some of it is done on purpose based on what they look for in recruits. However, some of the top players are already committed by the time SU reaches out to a coach regarding a player.

Early commitments do not equal late season success.
Exhibit A - 2013 UVA & Hopkins

Teams are often getting the best players at an early age but that doesn't take into account their maturity at the time (who else remembers that kid with a beard freshman year), top players plateauing or players who bloom later then others. I am fine with our recruiting.

just heard today Elliot Lyons,goalie from Lafayette will be headed Syracuse's way per uncle.

2016 is awfully early to be taking commitments. That's a kid entering his sophomore year in the fall? Big gamble IMHO.

His father has a home on Skaneateles Lake in the village and grew up in Auburn, New York also started Rosalie's in Skaneateles along with a couple of Restaurant chains.

Cool, I wondered if there was a relation there, too many commonalities for them not too be related. Phil Romano started Fuddruckers and Romano's Macaroni Grill. He was also part of the group that bought Hoffman Sausage Co a year or two ago. I hope Sam has a great experience at SU, Fuddruckers Indoor Practive Facility has a great ring to it.

just heard today Elliot Lyons,goalie from Lafayette will be headed Syracuse's way per uncle.
He will be a freshman next year? That is a lot of depth at Goal, can he faceoff? My unofficial tally puts us at EIGHT goalies next year, may be seven if Lerman is not back with the team.

He will be a freshman next year? That is a lot of depth at Goal, can he faceoff? My unofficial tally puts us at EIGHT goalies next year, may be seven if Lerman is not back with the team.

Lerman was introduced with the other members of his recruiting class on Senior Day. This doesn't mean anything by itself, since this is SOP.

However, only Dom, Wardwell, and Romagnoli took pre-game warm ups for most of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom