Same starting 5 all year | Syracusefan.com

Same starting 5 all year

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
Have we ever had that? So far this season, we've had the same 5 starters each game, G, TC, Mal, Roberson and DC.

I know the Onuaku injury year, we started the same 5 in all but 1 game heading into the Tourney.

It used to be fairly common when we had veteran teams. Off the top of my head, 1996 and 1998 probably had the same starting line-up for each game.

Onuaku was held out of the Oakland game, then thrown in for some garbage minutes toward the end. I'm guessing that was the only time we mixed up the starters before his injury. (Sticks in my head, because there seemed to be no logical reason to not start a guy due to a bad knee but to later run him out there with the scrubs.)

Burgan was suspended for several games in 1998, I believe.

Did we have a different starting lineup in '03 than G-Mac, Duany, Melo, Hak, Forth? I don't remember it but maybe Edelin or Pace snuck in there for a game.

edit: Looked it up. Those 5 started all 35 games

Burgan was suspended for several games in 1998, I believe.

That was 1997, remember that Boeheim had to tinker with the lineup a ton that year. Etan at the 5 and Otis on the wing, that kind of thing.

Confirming with orangehoops, looks like 1998 and 1994 had the same lineup all year. 1996 did for all but the opener, when Reafsnyder started over Hill (who was perpetually in the doghouse for his first few years).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom