Sammy Watkins...no class at all | Syracusefan.com

Sammy Watkins...no class at all

Stern

All American
http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde..._watkins_lashes_out_at_fans_on_instagram.html

Said from Day 1 this was a horrible trade for the Bills and now with Sammy running his mouth he is just proving my point even more. Calling fans losers and telling them to continue working "y'all little jobs"..., real classy! Bills could have not given up a future 1st round pick and just took Beckham. Instead they gave up a future #1 and moved up for this clown. Enjoy! His time in Buffalo will be short. Maybe his time in the NFL will be short too if this behavior continues.

Sammy Watkins-
"To all the people that have a problem with me being injured you guys go out there and play this sport it's a 100% injury rate. I'm not first or last person that's gone be injured difference from me and you guys y'all mad and I'm not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because I'm good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day."

Watkins could lead the league in receiving and it would still be a bad trade.

I'm OK with any insults delivered to trolls and loudmouthed fans, though I wouldn't recommend to any celebrity to respond to them.

Don't think the price was worth the result, though.

Last edited:
"I'm not first or last person that's gone be injured difference from me and you guys y'all mad and I'm not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because I'm good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day."
That is quite the eloquent sentence.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde..._watkins_lashes_out_at_fans_on_instagram.html

Said from Day 1 this was a horrible trade for the Bills and now with Sammy running his mouth he is just proving my point even more. Calling fans losers and telling them to continue working "y'all little jobs"..., real classy! Bills could have not given up a future 1st round pick and just took Beckham. Instead they gave up a future #1 and moved up for this clown. Enjoy! His time in Buffalo will be short. Maybe his time in the NFL will be short too if this behavior continues.

Sammy Watkins-
"To all the people that have a problem with me being injured you guys go out there and play this sport it's a 100% injury rate. I'm not first or last person that's gone be injured difference from me and you guys y'all mad and I'm not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because I'm good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working y'all little jobs for the rest of y'all lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day."

So he's physically soft AND mentally soft? Not a good combination for a pro athlete. Toughen up Sammy. It takes two idiots to fight on instagram.

I always find it unbelievable how athletes cannot reconcile the fact that they are good at a sport and for most not much else. One injury in college goes the wrong way and he is likely wearing a suit trying not to get his tie sucked up in the vacuum cleaner at Enterprise rent a car.

So he's physically soft AND mentally soft? Not a good combination for a pro athlete. Toughen up Sammy. It takes two idiots to fight on instagram.

I honestly don't buy this. It's not physically soft to suffer unlucky injuries; it just makes him unlucky. The guy was playing with broken ribs or something like that basically the entire year last year. To me, that's some physical toughness.

Obviously this isn't a good look for him though. I don't blame him for being upset at the way some "fans" were treating him on social media, but you gotta know that even if you have a point, only bad things can come from responding, and the way in which he responded sunk him down to their level. It wouldn't surprise me if he were drunk or something when he was responding too but who knows?

I've kinda moved on from caring about stuff like that. I imagine it must take a lot of restraint not to respond to 1000s of trolls if you're actually reading it all.

A) He's being a little b***h not being able to handle some internet trolls. EVERY high profile athlete/celeb deals with this not just him.

B) Why is everything Buffalo does a huge ordeal? When did we become such a hot button topic? Rex Effect? I mean Cole Beasley's wife is telling fans to "eat a d**k" and calling people the c-word but let's freak out about Sammy Watkins. Last year Eric Decker's wife had an intensely awkward ongoing back and forth with Jets fans and that didn't even make news like this being out of the media capital of the world.

A) He's being a little b***h not being able to handle some internet trolls. EVERY high profile athlete/celeb deals with this not just him.

B) Why is everything Buffalo does a huge ordeal? When did we become such a hot button topic? Rex Effect? I mean Cole Beasley's wife is telling fans to "eat a d**k" and calling people the c-word but let's freak out about Sammy Watkins. Last year Eric Decker's wife had an intensely awkward ongoing back and forth with Jets fans and that didn't even make news like this being out of the media capital of the world.
Rex Ryan. He runs his mouth. Brags about building a bully of a team. And everyone likes to see the "Bully" get it served to them!

He is a marginal head coach who has never won a division title yet he talks like he is god's gift to coaching. Made the AFC Title game twice...that's nice. Was also a long time ago and you can't live off that forever. He has a carer coaching record under .500 but talks like is Lombardi or Bill Walsh.

If he is gonna run his mouth expect to have the rest of the country throw it in his face and the organization's face when they don't win, fail, and act like jerks

Rex Ryan. He runs his mouth. Brags about building a bully of a team. And everyone likes to see the "Bully" get it served to them!

He is a marginal head coach who has never won a division title yet he talks like he is god's gift to coaching. Made the AFC Title game twice...that's nice. Was also a long time ago and you can't live off that forever. He has a carer coaching record under .500 but talks like is Lombardi or Bill Walsh.

If he is gonna run his mouth expect to have the rest of the country throw it in his face and the organization's face when they don't win, fail, and act like jerks
I've got on Rex for the defense and that's it and anything else I would think is an unfair criticism. I honestly love his attitude and if he stops forcing his brand on our defense and allows them to play more the style we saw against Jax, i'll be ok with him. It's not his fault our entire offense has been hurt all year.

I honestly don't buy this. It's not physically soft to suffer unlucky injuries; it just makes him unlucky. The guy was playing with broken ribs or something like that basically the entire year last year. To me, that's some physical toughness.

Obviously this isn't a good look for him though. I don't blame him for being upset at the way some "fans" were treating him on social media, but you gotta know that even if you have a point, only bad things can come from responding, and the way in which he responded sunk him down to their level. It wouldn't surprise me if he were drunk or something when he was responding too but who knows?

I've kinda moved on from caring about stuff like that. I imagine it must take a lot of restraint not to respond to 1000s of trolls if you're actually reading it all.

Remains to be seen if he's just been unlucky so far, or if he's just injury-prone. All I know is he's seemingly been battling one injury or another his entire NFL career so far.

Remains to be seen if he's just been unlucky so far, or if he's just injury-prone. All I know is he's seemingly been battling one injury or another his entire NFL career so far.
Agree. What isn't up for debate is it's clear that Watkins wasn't worth trading up for and giving up a future 1st round pick for. Even on his best days he has shown he isn't that caliber WR

Agree. What isn't up for debate is it's clear that Watkins wasn't worth trading up for and giving up a future 1st round pick for. Even on his best days he has shown he isn't that caliber WR
Lately, he's been mostly battling his own mouth.

To be fair, he's played with QBs that are about as bad as it gets. Even Tyrod, who's been surprisingly good in terms of throwing the ball still struggles to go through progressions, and both he and EJ don't seem to trust Sammy (which might be because Sammy isn't that caliber of a receiver, but I feel like if he had Eli throwing to him, Eli would take the shots that Buffalo's QBs simply don't.

If not for Beckham surprising everyone and turning into an incredible receiver so soon, I think the trade would actually look better now than it did on draft day. That pick that they traded to move up into the top 5 for him turned out to only be like the #19 pick and Cleveland butchered it. I still believe that given health and good QB play, Sammy will be a great receiver in this league, and I prefer the Bills taking him over taking Eric Ebron or Taylor Lewan like they were rumored to be taking if they had stayed put. Beckham was never in the discussion.

To be fair, he's played with QBs that are about as bad as it gets.

Which is why you don't trade away a future #1 pick for a WR when you have no QB's on your roster. Bad Trade!

If not for Beckham surprising everyone and turning into an incredible receiver so soon, I think the trade would actually look better now than it did on draft day.

I disagree. There were WR's picked far later than Watkins who might be and are proving to be better players. Brown, Landry, Cooks, Robinson, Moncrief...I'm not sure Watkins is better than any of those guys honestly and most of them went a round or more later!

Landry looks ridiculously good.

Time for Sammy to put down the mike, wait til he's healthy and outperform

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom