Saturday Night Counterintuitive | Syracusefan.com

Saturday Night Counterintuitive

Cusefannotindc

2nd String
I finally had the chance to do something I have wanted to do for a while, pull the play by play data from last season to take a deeper dive into some stuff.

One of my biggest areas of interest was line ups, I haven't gotten all of the data in yet but something jumped out on me (it may disappear but still interesting). There are two dominate line ups SU used last season, CJ, Ennis, Cooney and Grant, with either Xmas or Keita.

Here is the interesting part, the team was better on defense with Xmas, better on offense with Keita.

With Xmas Offensive Efficiency was 113 (points scored per 100 possessions) and Defensive Efficiency was 78.
With Baye OE was 128 and DE was 92.

Last edited:
With Xmas Offensive Efficiency was 113 (points scored per 100 possessions) and Defensive Efficiency was 78: +35
With Baye OE was 128 and DE was 92
: +36

about as close to a wash as you can get

The interesting question is whether JAB channeled his inner Billy Beane and allocated the centers' minutes according to the opponent's relative strengths.

Anyone know how to make tables? I want to expand on this, but it will be a much better post if I can use formatted tables.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom