saw Tony Delk today at Subway | Syracusefan.com

saw Tony Delk today at Subway

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
I took a club to his knee and as I was about to scurry off I told him that was courtesy of John Wallace.

Just kidding... I wasn't 100% sure it was him until I left and got confirmation from a colleague. so i didnt actually say anything to him. But I Looked him up - and he is seems to be a really great guy. Retired from the league, coached a few seasons. his daughter was diagnosed with sickle cell disease in 1998 and he started the Taylor Delk foundation soon after. He eventually gave up coaching to move back to Atlanta to run the foundation.

His youngest daughter, Trinity was also diagnosed with sickle cell disease.

http://www.coachcal.com/21224/2013/03/where-are-they-now-delks-career-coming-full-circle/

side note... guy was in tip top shape. Could def run in The Tournament going on.

I will never, ever, ever, ever forgive Tony Delk for the last play of the '96 game. That game should have been 74-67, but Delk decided he needed to pad his stats while everyone else was starting to shake hands.

I took a club to his knee and as I was about to scurry off I told him that was courtesy of John Wallace.

Just kidding... I wasn't 100% sure it was him until I left and got confirmation from a colleague. so i didnt actually say anything to him. But I Looked him up - and he is seems to be a really great guy. Retired from the league, coached a few seasons. his daughter was diagnosed with sickle cell disease in 1998 and he started the Taylor Delk foundation soon after. He eventually gave up coaching to move back to Atlanta to run the foundation.

His youngest daughter, Trinity was also diagnosed with sickle cell disease.

http://www.coachcal.com/21224/2013/03/where-are-they-now-delks-career-coming-full-circle/

side note... guy was in tip top shape. Could def run in The Tournament going on.

When he asked if you wanted your sandwich toasted or not, what did you tell him?

Shouldn't be mad at Delk so much as Ron Mercer. He had his career game as a Freshman against us. It was his 20 points that was the difference...and JDub's foul trouble. The phantom 2nd foul and then his stupid 3rd foul right before the half. We were within 3 points and on a run when JDub fouled out with about 2:00 to go.

So close, yet so far.

Shouldn't be mad at Delk so much as Ron Mercer. He had his career game as a Freshman against us. It was his 20 points that was the difference...and JDub's foul trouble. The phantom 2nd foul and then his stupid 3rd foul right before the half. We were within 3 points and on a run when JDub fouled out with about 2:00 to go.

So close, yet so far.

Yes. It was Mercer! Just too many weapons.

So close, yet so far.

I was there. Nightmares are almost as bad as after being in NO in 87. Its kind of why I spent the last weekend of March Madness in 03 in Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom