Scheduling issues... | Syracusefan.com

Scheduling issues...

cto

Administrator
Once again SU shoots itself in the foot with its insensitive scheduling.

Football dinner last night ... on the First Night of Passover... AND Good Friday. Even somewhat observant people of the Jewish faith attend Seders, especially on the first night. And most people of the Christian faith do not eat meat on Good Friday. And this does not even include all the out-of-towners who did not attend because of the holidays.

Spring game ... First Day of Passover... and day before Easter. Really difficult day for out-of-towners to attend... especially those with small children... and those who have religious commitments early on Easter Sunday morning.

Don't people check a calendar before scheduling things?

Last edited:
Scheduling, spelling, scandal, they're on quite a roll.

I think if you checked around you would see schools all over had events today. I really dont think most schools give any thought to easter being special in regards to not holding events.. I was at RIT for open house with 4-5K of parents and kids didnt talk to one parent who said it was poor timing but talked to many who made the trip from far away because it was convenient with the holiday time off..

our HS is on break and far more people are gone than staying around because of religious commitments.

Its horrible. I hope that the next AD has his or her act together

U could say same about final four scheduling.

It is what it is. If observant enough u miss the sports. Koufax did it

Once again SU shoots itself in the foot with its insensitive scheduling.

Football dinner last night ... on the First Night of Passover... AND Good Friday. Even somewhat observant people of the Jewish faith attend Seders, especially on the first night. And most people of the Christian faith do not eat meat on Good Friday. And this does not even include all the out-of-towners who did not attend because of the holidays.

Spring game ... First Day of Passover... and day before Easter. Really difficult day for out-of-towners to attend... especially those with small children... and those who have religious commitments early on Easter Sunday morning.

Don't people check a calendar before scheduling things?

No disrespect intended CTO but for what it's worth, both final four games were on the First day of Passover, the day before Easter Sunday as well. No issue with attendance there.

CuseOnly said:
No disrespect intended CTO but for what it's worth, both final four games were on the First day of Passover, the day before Easter Sunday as well. No issue with attendance there.

And the championship game is on Dyngus Day! :)

I don't have a problem with it. The NBA plays games on Christmas day for crying out loud Easter Sunday (today) we have NHL, MLB, Golf, and NBA games going on among other sporting events. Fans have a choice to make...go to a game (spring game, regular season game, or even a football dinner) or observe their faith and the holiday and not go. These leagues and schools can't please everyone.

The sports world doesn't shut down for religious holidays in this country. I got no problem with how and where SU scheduled the dinner and spring game. SU wasn't the only college who held their "spring game" yesterday. Michigan packed in close to 60,000 strong for their spring game yesterday in Ann Arbor. What, no religious people in Michigan? Just sayin!

There is a difference between the Final Four and a college that is trying to hype it's football program. I think you may want to choose a time that the most amount of fans can attend. CTO went to Hawaii for Thanksgiving. So I don't think for something a little more high profile she or many others have a problem with travelling on a holiday. But the spring game (unless you are in the SEC where it is bigger than Christmas) is not an event that most will forgo their holiday commitments no matter how loyal of a fan they are. So with a little more thought, maybe next weekend would have been a better choice.

Comparing attendance Final Four to attendance at the Football Dinner on Good Friday/Passover? A bold strategy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom