"Score the Basketball" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Score the Basketball"

I can't remember when "score the basketball" replaced "score", "run out" replaced "fast break", a "screen" replaced a "pick", and "block out" replaced "box out".

What other kind of "drive" is there other than a "dribble drive"? A "pass drive"? A "shoot drive"?

A "Euro step"? Umm, a travel.

Whatever.

Screen and block out were around when I was a kid in HS. I sat behind a visiting coach once and listened to him. He was a pretty good coach, too, maybe just ahead of the curve? But the rest of it, again, "nailed it." :)

"They're really long and athletic and if they hit their threes, they can be trouble for anyone."

This is said for 90% of the teams in the tournament. And it is absolutely meaningless.

Best way to score the basketball? The dunk shot!

"and one"

I don't mind hearing it during a broadcast, but when I'm playing and somebody says it every single time they have the ball it's annoying, even more annoying when they don't come close to making the basket.

I don't mind hearing it during a broadcast, but when I'm playing and somebody says it every single time they have the ball it's annoying, even more annoying when they don't come close to making the basket.

Yeah, broadcast is ok. What annoys me is my NCST fans here...During the game (live or on TV) nary a peep, except for the "And One" they yell. I'm sure in their mind they are also yelling "Score the basketball!"