Scott Shafer Updates Post Spring Depth Chart | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scott Shafer Updates Post Spring Depth Chart

Roberts is nasty and I think the 266 is a misprint
Yah, Shaf mentioned that in his interview -- says the kid has "some nasty to him". But 266 doesn't seem right.

I wouldn't read to much into this depth chart as, outside of Broyld and the missing Dunkelberger, it seemingly just lists guys by position and descending class order (unless your a walk-on). Not thinking HCSS takes this to seriously besides seemingly sending some sort of message to Broyld.

5-8 169 pound strong safety - YIKES.

I have to think that's a major opportunity for a true frosh to crack the lineup. And D Line looks to be the other big area where we're going to see some true frosh on the 2 deep.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see Strickland starting at safety next to Blair.

GoSU96 said:
They move Moore so he can be the 3rd string Center? What!?

It was a nice thought, but the kid will never be able to put on the weight to play center, or any OL position for that matter.

Try to get him to 250 and move him back to TE.

Kids like Trey just got on campus in the winter. I know everyone is learning a new system with Lester but Trey is the only one of the three TEs who is just starting out at SU. if he makes progress this summer, you will see him as first or second string.

djorange1989 said:
Kids like Trey just got on campus in the winter. I know everyone is learning a new system with Lester but Trey is the only one of the three TEs who is just starting out at SU. if he makes progress this summer, you will see him as first or second string.

He was inadvertently left off the depth chart.

Franz69 said:
How hard is it to weigh somebody?

He was heavier in the previous depth chart.

Must be a mistake.

Oh my god our linebackers are going to be filthy over the next 3-6 years.

Would you want a 239 lb center listed any higher than 3rd string?

Let Moore redshirt this year and hopefully he'll be up to 280 and ready to take over in 2016. I think it's a good move.

Nick44 said:
Would you want a 239 lb center listed any higher than 3rd string? Let Moore redshirt this year and hopefully he'll be up to 280 and ready to take over in 2016. I think it's a good move.

He's been that same weight for about three years.

GoSU96 said:

He wasn't a TE. Could be a really good center - but he just switched.

Personally, the position movement over the last few years has me concerned. I follow the team fairly closely and I just don't remember this many players bouncing around various positions... Many of whom never truly get settled.

Makes me doubt our ability to assess talent.

TheCusian said:
He wasn't a TE. Could be a really good center - but he just switched.

5-8 169 pound strong safety - YIKES.

I have to think that's a major opportunity for a true frosh to crack the lineup. And D Line looks to be the other big area where we're going to see some true frosh on the 2 deep.
He packs a punch for that size though. On his Instagram he has a picture of him dead lifting 445lb with a 120lb chain on it. He is a freak athlete for that size.

cusefan12 said:
He packs a punch for that size though. On his Instagram he has a picture of him dead lifting 445lb with a 120lb chain on it. He is a freak athlete for that size.
How much of the chain would even be off the ground for a deadlift.

So today, SU football released and then had to update the depth chart and also had the 44 thing?

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to see Strickland starting at safety next to Blair.
He truly could play several positions but I'm going to guess he starts out as a RB this year and moves to HB next year when Washington gets here. I think he is a perfect fit for the HB position. He can hopefully put on another 10 lbs and be a do it all player from there. I think having a player who can be a fast elusive runner, a dynamic receiver and a solid blocker with decent size would make a huge impact on making Lesters offense go.

He truly could play several positions but I'm going to guess he starts out as a RB this year and moves to HB next year when Washington gets here. I think he is a perfect fit for the HB position. He can hopefully put on another 10 lbs and be a do it all player from there. I think having a player who can be a fast elusive runner, a dynamic receiver and a solid blocker with decent size would make a huge impact on making Lesters offense go.

Then where are you going to put Erv?

Ouch somehow I missed that the Zeke Johnson DQ was Career not season, really disappointed I thought he had stellar potential.

Also surprised there aren't more TE slots for 2 TE starters. Who cares if you have more starters than can be on the field at one time ... 'um we have to be multiple ... in our offense'

Ouch somehow I missed that the Zeke Johnson DQ was Career not season, really disappointed I thought he had stellar potential.

Also surprised there aren't more TE slots for 2 TE starters. Who cares if you have more starters than can be on the field at one time ... 'um we have to be multiple ... in our offense'

That's a good point. Lester has commented on the increased use of a 2-TE set, yet the depth chart only has one slot listed. hmmm...

Once again, Austin Wilson is the backup QB. (He got a concussion in the 6th game against FSU last year.) I have been a fan, and if something happens with/to Hunt, we will probably see Wilson. Something tells me he fits Lester's system - just a wild guess, but It looks like Lester likes him more than most fans. AJ will probably redshirt and who knows - it is possible he never sees the field again.