Scrappy | Syracusefan.com

Scrappy

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
What the hell does scrappy mean? Who doesn't dive for loose balls? If scrappy means being able to fight for rebounds, DC was the scrappiest player we will ever see. Spaz Boy was also scrappy by that criteria and he had no wheels. Seikaly was a hell of a rebounder for someone who hardly knew what a basketball looked like. If scrappy means being able to overwhelm your man then Flynn, Stevie Thompson and Hak are your men. If scrappy means playing while injured I'd nominate DC again and GMAC. If scrappy means not taking . . . . , then the Pearl and DC are in a class by themselves. If scrappy means finding unorthodox ways to score then Josh Pace is your man. If scrappy means being able to make something out of nothing with the pass I'd go with the General and Sweet D. If it means being able to make something out of nothing with the dribble I'd go with Pearl and Z. If scrappy means a guard that can drive I'd go with Devo and Triche and others. If scrappy means making the very best of your physical skills I'd go with Bing and Melo. They were not great just because they were well coordinated. They had guts to be creative, shake and bake and put the moves on as did Pearl. If scrappy means being a good player despite obvious physical deficiencies, well then JB is in a class by himself, a malnourished string-bean that appeared to be half blind. If scrappy means playing despite getting a bad roll of the dice, you have to go with Matt Roe and Billy Edelin. If scrappy means punching above your height - Paul Harris, Mike Lee, Jonny Flynn and Stevie Thompson. Lastly, if scrappy means playing out of position - a forward playing the point - Silent G and Stevie Thompson. Perhaps scrappy means saving the program by signing up despite sanctions - John Wallace.

Personally, I think "scrappy" is an insult a lot of times. Not the way you're using it, of course. But when a broadcaster refers to a player as scrappy I immediately think "haha, that guy sucks."

90% of the time it means the player is white

Instead of scrappy they use "athletic" to describe black players.

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom