Sean Avant's HS Coach | Syracusefan.com

Sean Avant's HS Coach

NailstheCusefan12

All American
We might be too quick to anoint the underclassmen we've recruited. His coach just posted this video of Sean...
http://instagram.com/p/nETWREOaBS/#

Bnoro texted me the other day and asked if we were starting to look like Baylor. I can't argue the fact that we're definitely starting to stockpile athletes on the offensive side of the ball. It's hard not to get excited about the future of this offense and its athletes. Only worry resides along the O-line.

Avant, Cornelius and Winfield are an interesting group. Add to that Fleming, Funderburk and Kobena plus maybe Lewis...who will step up in these 2 cores of wr's? Avant seemed to get a decent amount of reps on Saturday. I didn't see many drops and there were a lot of throws to these guys. There is no doubt in my mind that this group is getting better and better and I agree... don't over look what is already on the hill.

Avant, Cornelius and Winfield are an interesting group. Add to that Fleming, Funderburk and Kobena plus maybe Lewis...who will step up in these 2 cores of wr's? Avant seemed to get a decent amount of reps on Saturday. I didn't see many drops and there were a lot of throws to these guys. There is no doubt in my mind that this group is getting better and better and I agree... don't over look what is already on the hill.

Agree 100%. But wait till Ishmael hits the hill. I think he cracks the 2-deep upon arrival.

Agree 100%. But wait till Ishmael hits the hill. I think he cracks the 2-deep upon arrival.

It's nice to have quality and if a freshman is good enough to make the 2nd string or better...good stuff indeed.

I still want to see separation from the whole core though, on regular pass routes.

Add to that Estime, Broyld... oh mama.

Agree and those two I didn't include because to me they are the starters and I know they will have an impact. West...he'll have his matchups that work for him.

We might be too quick to anoint the underclassmen we've recruited. His coach just posted this video of Sean...
http://instagram.com/p/nETWREOaBS/#

Bnoro texted me the other day and asked if we were starting to look like Baylor. I can't argue the fact that we're definitely starting to stockpile athletes on the offensive side of the ball. It's hard not to get excited about the future of this offense and its athletes. Only worry resides along the O-line.

We should because that's our current offensive model.

We should because that's our current offensive model.

If we can get Baylor's offense without hiring Phil Montgomery, that works. Four verts, deep posts, definitely going to work the ball more downfield, or at least try to.

If we can get Baylor's offense without hiring Phil Montgomery, that works. Four verts, deep posts, definitely going to work the ball more downfield, or at least try to.
i wonder if upperdeck will complain that we score too much on long plays

i think rgIII was so great people don't realize how that offense makes average guys really successful. florence and petty aren't really special but their numbers were

Maybe he was just blowing smoke, but McDonald said we aren't going to be a consistently deep throwing team, but would take shots from time to time.

i think rgIII was so great people don't realize how that offense makes average guys really successful. florence and petty aren't really special but their numbers were

Their (Baylor) spacing is incredible. Two things bug the heck out of me on pass routes. The bubble with a 160 lb guy doing the blocking and lack of spacing and one db can basically cover two wr's.

Wouldn't hurt to have McDonald watch some film from Nassib's Sr. year. Hackett designed some very nice route combinations which led to big plays from guys without blazing speed.

WVU did some similar things in Austin's final year. They moved him around and often got him 1 on 1 against LB's or Safeties in space where Geno only had to make short, easy throws.

After last year, it will be exciting to see the big-play potential of this team. If you want to put people in the seats, get an offense that is a threat from any spot on the field.

I think I was complaining about other teams scoring on long plays not us.. we have had like 50+ scoring plays in the last 5 years and about half of those have been by the D..

Maybe he was just blowing smoke, but McDonald said we aren't going to be a consistently deep throwing team, but would take shots from time to time.
shots from time to time would be alot more than what we did last year

four verticals isn't some sandlot everybody go deep because the ball is thrown quick

I think the more comfortable Hunt is along with more time from the OL...there will be more shots all over the field.

A 17 yd post isn't a deep ball, but it is working it down field more than a 1 yd sideline throw.

For guys that get all hung up on Shaf hiring several D3 guys...Montgomery has a background in the TX HS FB. He coached at Stephenville HS about 45 miles SW of Ft Worth. Stephenville is home to one of my favorite BBQ joints in TX http://www.hardeightbbq.com/

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/philip_montgomery_350366.html

I absolutely love the idea of going towards a Baylor Offense. We play in guaranteed perfect conditions 6-7 times a year.

Agreed...look at the guys at Hawaii, Houston, TXTech and Boise...some of those guys are just above average QBs but they threw huge nums due to the systems. I'm hoping Hunt can go over 3000 yards this year.

Pretty sure Reddish didn't play.

That footage is from a regular practice, not the spring game.

He did get Reddish, but he really shook Jaston George, whom I thought was going to be a good one for SU.

Imagine the Dome if we started scoring 50 points a game? :D

Actually, we don't have to. We just have to remember the basketball season. :(

Imagine the Dome if we started scoring 50 points a game? :D

Actually, we don't have to. We just have to remember the basketball season. :(

Too soon :oops:

Wouldn't hurt to have McDonald watch some film from Nassib's Sr. year. Hackett designed some very nice route combinations which led to big plays from guys without blazing speed.

WVU did some similar things in Austin's final year. They moved him around and often got him 1 on 1 against LB's or Safeties in space where Geno only had to make short, easy throws.

After last year, it will be exciting to see the big-play potential of this team. If you want to put people in the seats, get an offense that is a threat from any spot on the field.

I dont know - I mean I am sure that he has seen some tape, but personnel trumps the scheme at times. To be honest, the 64 yard pass and catch to Brisley in the spring game looked like an identical call to the Nassib to Lemon calls over the middle. Difference being, and this is not disrespect, Brisley picked alot of YAC, I am not sure how much Lemon would have got with Whigham tracking him down. Just my opinion