Search for new AD | Syracusefan.com

Search for new AD

CuseOnly

All American
Has anyone heard anything? Who are the candidates? How is the search going? Has it even started?

I know there is a post on here about the Dir. of Football Operations but I would think they would hire an AD who would then hire for that spot along with the Chancellor.

I'm curious, for people who might know - will Pete Sala get consideration for the full time gig?

I have read that thread, it was post about dir. of football operations, not the AD. There was an article in the sub standard but it didn't give much info.
The post I linked to has a poster stating that his friend was hired to be the director of operations for soccer. So they are hiring ops roles without and AD in place.

I have read that thread, it was post about dir. of football operations, not the AD. There was an article in the sub standard but it didn't give much info.

I am guessing that you are talking about this article...and I think that this is about all there is to know right now. Sounds like they are waiting for the BB tourney to be over before meeting and need to dig through resumes.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport..._what_guidelines_will_committee_consider.html

"You have to have somebody who understands the dynamics of Syracuse University.
We need to have somebody that understands you need to operate under full NCAA compliance: Follow the rules. I'm sure we'll look for somebody that has a lot of integrity and understands that we want to win. We want somebody who understands that we want to compete in every sport. Definitely somebody that operates under the utmost integrity. We need a good leader, a strong leader."

Sala said the committee has not met yet to discuss specific candidates. He directed questions about the volume of resumes the opening has triggered to the committee chair, Steve Ballentine. And he said the committee, at this early stage, has no definitive timetable for naming a successor to Daryl Gross, who is transitioning from the AD job to another position within the university.

"We're talking about getting together next week," Sala said, "and I'm sure we'll flush all that out."

Ballentine, Sala, Robert Miron, Lavonda Reed and Barry Wells will serve on the committee to select a new SU athletic director.

The post I linked to has a poster stating that his friend was hired to be the director of operations for soccer. So they are hiring ops roles without and AD in place.

Ah, I did read that but would that hold true for the football side? I think that that same job on the football side is a much bigger hire and should involve the new AD.

I am guessing that you are talking about this article...and I think that this is about all there is to know right now. Sounds like they are waiting for the BB tourney to be over before meeting and need to dig through resumes.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport..._what_guidelines_will_committee_consider.html

"You have to have somebody who understands the dynamics of Syracuse University.
We need to have somebody that understands you need to operate under full NCAA compliance: Follow the rules. I'm sure we'll look for somebody that has a lot of integrity and understands that we want to win. We want somebody who understands that we want to compete in every sport. Definitely somebody that operates under the utmost integrity. We need a good leader, a strong leader."

Sala said the committee has not met yet to discuss specific candidates. He directed questions about the volume of resumes the opening has triggered to the committee chair, Steve Ballentine. And he said the committee, at this early stage, has no definitive timetable for naming a successor to Daryl Gross, who is transitioning from the AD job to another position within the university.

"We're talking about getting together next week," Sala said, "and I'm sure we'll flush all that out."

Ballentine, Sala, Robert Miron, Lavonda Reed and Barry Wells will serve on the committee to select a new SU athletic director.

Thank you! So the news is there is no news.

I don't understand what the ncaa tournament had to do with Syracuse hiring an AD. Get it started already.

I'm curious, for people who might know - will Pete Sala get consideration for the full time gig?
Well I don't think that would be the best idea. There are a lot of people who still wish Pat Campbell would come back.

We should extend a clear middle finger to the NCAA and name JB as the athletic director.

I don't think he wants it. He's in the position he wants and is best suited for. I have also heard rumblings that this plan has been in motion for a while and most schools use a head-hunter firm to vet interest from candidates. Wouldn't shock me if the committee already has a pool to review when they meet, which I believe is in the next week or two.

Again, the Football Ops hire is not going to have to wait for an AD to be hired. Maybe Bailey will ask Shafer about it after the Spring game.

I don't think he wants it. He's in the position he wants and is best suited for. I have also heard rumblings that this plan has been in motion for a while and most schools use a head-hunter firm to vet interest from candidates. Wouldn't shock me if the committee already has a pool to review when they meet, which I believe is in the next week or two.

Again, the Football Ops hire is not going to have to wait for an AD to be hired. Maybe Bailey will ask Shafer about it after the Spring game.
Search committees are the worst. Expensive and no understanding of the schools culture.

Search committees are the worst. Expensive and no understanding of the schools culture.

I don't disagree, but the value is they reach out to prospective people through agents and can trim the list in terms of people not interested, those wanting too much $, etc. If SU is trying to get this done in a timely manner, that can help.

I suspect Syverud has already identified some people he wants to look at closely as well.

I suspect Syverud has a very short list

If Syracuse thinks they had 2 P5, ADs on staff...then we will continue to get screwed as a fan base hoping for bold, big time moves...as nothing will have changed.

If Syracuse thinks they had 2 P5, ADs on staff...then we will continue to get screwed as a fan base hoping for bold, big time moves...as nothing will have changed.
If the Chancellor thought that way, wouldn't Frazier have been named the interim?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom