Season Opener against Rhode Island moved to Fri Sept 4. | Syracusefan.com

Season Opener against Rhode Island moved to Fri Sept 4.

Must be some killer concert at the Fairgrounds they don't want to compete with. ;)

LeMoyneCuse said:
Presumably for the same reasons as last year.

Like I remember last year. Lol. Personally I don't care. Prefer Saturday's but it's not a killer. Tailgating is restricted time wise and I know a Friday game will make it tougher on out of town fans. So I don't get why we always do this.

Stern said:
I like the Friday night games better!

Bet you don't live in Pa, NJ, Mass or Conn either. And don't like a crowded 4 hour tailgate either.

Bet you don't live in Pa, NJ, Mass or Conn either. And don't like a crowded 4 hour tailgate either.
All True!

I said "I" like it better. I know its not better for everyone, but you can't please everyone either with start times and days the games are played.

I wonder if SU has done a study on how many tailgate and how game times effect it? Personally other than this board i dont of anyone who tailgates anymore . in just walking around manley i would guess its under 30% of the ones with season parking passes.

Like I remember last year. Lol. Personally I don't care. Prefer Saturday's but it's not a killer. Tailgating is restricted time wise and I know a Friday game will make it tougher on out of town fans. So I don't get why we always do this.
HCSS did it just to tick you off:D

Syracuse football moves date for season opener against Rhode Island (PS: Carlson)

The Syracuse athletic department announced that it will play its football opener against Rhode Island on Friday night, instead of its previously scheduled Saturday time slot.

Kickoff at the Carrier Dome will be at 7 p.m. on September 4. The switch will give the ACC television broadcast options on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday of the opening week. The conference previously had nine games scheduled for Saturday.

The switch will also give Syracuse an extra day off before it plays Wake Forest in the second week of the season. The Demon Deacons open with Elon on Thursday night.

I'm an out-of-towner so this is hypothetical, but I'd be much more likely to attend a terrible game on Friday night in September vs. a terrible game on a potentially beautiful saturday afternoon. People may hate that and maybe I'm not rabid enough, but with kids involved in sports and stuff, I'm absolutely going to their games before Cuse/Rhode Island. And I'm not knocking Cuse, per se. If I'm an Ohio State fan and they're playing whatever FCS school, I'll check the score, make sure they won by 70 and go on about my day. At 20, with no kids, fine I'll drink too many beers and argue about play-calling on a Saturday afternoon and maybe when I'm 50 I'll wear a v-neck orange sweater, have a mustache, sit with my arms crossed angry about the traffic pattern of the dome on a saturday. But at this point, that games sounds very not appealing.

Literally the one game I thought I'd be able to make when our season opener got pushed back to the 4th...
image.jpg

Full_Rebar said:
More like ACC/ESPN making the call.

Yea, they want to put it on a channel nobody gets anyways.

At least they gave a little more notice this year.. Wasent it June or July last year? I already had plane tickets to fly in Friday night.. I was ticked.

Exactly - they way they did it last year deserved a TON of criticism after people had already bought game tickets and made plans etc. Not that it makes much different to me watching it on tv here in Kansas City anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom