Season Opener against Rhode Island moved to Fri Sept 4. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Season Opener against Rhode Island moved to Fri Sept 4.

Difference between Sala and Gross. SU probably knew they were moving the game this time last year and held off until summer and then give the BS Fair concert excuse.

this was expected as going forward any d1aa openers id expect to be played Friday night when they are week 1 except maybe colgate in 16. Since this is our only Friday night game for the year this is ok

Bet you don't live in Pa, NJ, Mass or Conn either. And don't like a crowded 4 hour tailgate either.

Aren't you the guy who's always complaining that out of towners don't attend games anyway?

;)

I'm smiling over this. Because of my work schedule I like Friday night games, but I realize I'm not the average guy. :)

Scooch said:
Aren't you the guy who's always complaining that out of towners don't attend games anyway? ;)

Yea, so what's that got to do with this? Even less will attend now. Fact.

orangedave said:
I haven't missed a game on the ACC network since we joined.

You're lucky I guess. They're all on here in Syracuse too. But every road game we have threads complaining about games not being on ever since we joined the ACC.

Just maybe some people will attend the game if they were planning to travel Saturday for Memorial Day weekend anyways. Maybe?

Screw all you guys...I'm in Saratoga Springs that night dropping several large bills to host a rehearsal dinner.

Who gets married during football season?

You didn't train your kid good enough, Mark! Get down and give me twenty!

You're lucky I guess. They're all on here in Syracuse too. But every road game we have threads complaining about games not being on ever since we joined the ACC.
thats because people are dumb and/or cheap.

makes me wonder...are people not buying smart tvs?

i get e3 on the flat screens, have been for 4 years now.

rrlbees said:
Why?
My impression is that games on Friday nights early in the season tend to draw bigger crowds.

It should mitigate the risk of a major PR disaster in the event gameday is a hot, sunny day with temperatures in the 90s.

I don't care much which day the game is played on but it is refreshing to see a decision made and communicated quickly. Good to see some consideration being made for the fans.

Inn at Saratoga...not sure if I'll have time but I would like to take in some horse races that weekend.
Very nice place. I stopped going to the races two years ago when standing by the rail a horse dropped right in front of me in the home stretch.

Inn at Saratoga...not sure if I'll have time but I would like to take in some horse races that weekend.
That's going to be a fun weekend. Friday night is also the Allman Bros/Doobie Bros concert at SPAC. Sunday night is the Zac Brown band. In between you have racing everyday that weekend and of course it's just busy because it's Labor Day weekend. If you need any advice or anything just let me know.

Screw all you guys...I'm in Saratoga Springs that night dropping several large bills to host a rehearsal dinner.

Who gets married during football season?
That would be your fault then for not getting that message through to your son. :)

My opinion is we should do this every year make it consistent for people. Giving people a game friday night of Labor day weekend gives them back an extra day of a holiday weekend and in general helps attendance at that game and down the road when a few of those friday people come back. I used to be an out of towner (5hrs by bus from NYC) and I would take a half day or in the case of the thursday game (which i think is not preferable) a day and a half go to the game then have an entire holiday weekend with some friendss and family.

Every year 1AA game should be home friday of Labor day weekend like clockwork and we just plan for it no BS late switches like last year.

Last edited:
My opinion is we should do this every year make it consistent for people. Giving people a game friday night of memorial day weekend gives them back an extra day of a holiday weekend and in general helps attendance at that game and down the road when a few of those friday people come back. I used to be an out of towner (5hrs by bus from NYC) and I would take a half day or in the case of the thursday game (which i think is not preferable) a day and a half go to the game then have an entire holiday weekend with some friendss and family.

Every year 1AA game should be home friday of memorial day weekend like clockwork and we just plan for it no BS late switches like last year.

Might have trouble finding an opponent for a football game in late May. Not picking on you - just couldn't resist

I am just excited as could be, as I am every year, for this season to start. Friday night, Saturday afternoon, I really don't care. I realize one or the other creates problems for a few, but that will always be the case, can't make everybody happy, IMPOSSIBLE. Expect this year to be better than last, injuries alone wreaked havoc on a marginal team in year 2 of a coaching staff. Year 3 should be better than year 2, assuming injuries are not as devastating as last year, and, year 4 should be better than 3. Optimistic as always, August can not get here soon enough, cruising in early August, AC/DC in Foxboro just after that, right into the season opener followed by 3 more weeks of home football culminating with the LSU Tigers, IN the Carrier Dome, not in NJ. That should make a few more of you happy, maybe not. Either way, I am, and will be! GO ORANGE!!!

thats because people are dumb and/or cheap.

makes me wonder...are people not buying smart tvs?

i get e3 on the flat screens, have been for 4 years now.
i would bet the percentage of tvs actually being used that are smart tvs is pretty small

spent 600 bucks on a boring 42 inch tv in 2009 that works just fine, upgrading is a pretty tough sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom