SEC- Big 12 challange | Syracusefan.com

SEC- Big 12 challange

upperdeck

Living Legend
the Big 12 escaped an epic beatdown yesterday

Ok down 14 and comes back
Kansas wins in OT

WV gets smoked

could easily have had 3 top 10 loses 2 of them to unranked opp.

ISU also loses as expected to A&M
baylor was losing at the half

the perception of that conf as the best could have taken a serious hit.

Love the fact that this challenge took place mid conference season. I miss the days of a January /February Syracuse out of conference games. As Bilas said during the uk/ku game: the fans and players love it.

OOC games in conference season on the road are extremely difficult. Fans are already hyped up because of being in mid-conference swing and they did all these on a Saturday so you know the turn out would be good.

I liked the scheduling of this challenge. It was a refreshing break during conference play. The took the Saturday in between the AFC/NFC Championship games and Super Bowl and was awesome.l

It definitely owned the Sports Day yesterday. I wish the ACC-Big Ten challenge would look at changing its date.

I liked the scheduling of this challenge. It was a refreshing break during conference play. The took the Saturday in between the AFC/NFC Championship games and Super Bowl and was awesome.l

It definitely owned the Sports Day yesterday. I wish the ACC-Big Ten challenge would look at changing its date.

But the ACC-Big10 challenge owns the week it is in. I didn't pay attention to anything other than our own critical in conference game yesterday.

But the ACC-Big10 challenge owns the week it is in. I didn't pay attention to anything other than our own critical in conference game yesterday.
During the NFL season nothing but the NFL dominates the week in sports but the NFL.

The ACC-Big Ten challenge doesn't matter at all. It is Tuesday/Wednesday in the first week of December nobody cares about college basketball in December. Atleast late January teams are developed and finished products.

You didn't pay attention fine. However, the dominate sports story yesterday was the SEC-Big XII challenge. Kansas-Kentucky, LSU-Oklahoma, Iowa State- Texas A&M and the other games were good and this event was a winner.

any true college hoops fan had to love last nights double header of OKLAHOMA/LSU and KENTUCKY/KANSAS. both really great games to watch.

(and i anticipate we'll see how hard the selection committee fudges a way to get ben simmons into the dance)

With the 2 byes in place during the ACC regular season we could definitely schedule a non-conference game in January.

Georgetown played @ UConn last Saturday. I wouldn't mind mixing it up during conference play every once in a while.

any true college hoops fan had to love last nights double header of OKLAHOMA/LSU and KENTUCKY/KANSAS. both really great games to watch.

(and i anticipate we'll see how hard the selection committee fudges a way to get ben simmons into the dance)

LSU started slowly cuz they're a young team but given how they're playing now they're easily worthy of getting an invite. In fact I could see them doing damage.

LSU started slowly cuz they're a young team but given how they're playing now they're easily worthy of getting an invite. In fact I could see them doing damage.

LSU is 8-8 against the RPI top 200.

That LSU/Oklahoma game was fun to watch. A lof of clutch shots going down the stretch. I didn't get to see the KU game - but looked like a good one too.

LSU has a lot of work to do to get in - but as you stated, I'd be shocked if the NCAA doesn't find a way to get them to the dance. They pay a lot of money for their players - they need a return on investment!!!!! :)

LSU is 8-8 against the RPI top 200.

As I said, they started slowly cuz they have a young team. More recently they're 6-2 in a fairly strong conference (that was made clear in the SEC's showing against the B12 on Saturday). They obviously need to continue to play well but if they do they'll be in.

Love the fact that this challenge took place mid conference season. I miss the days of a January /February Syracuse out of conference games. As Bilas said during the uk/ku game: the fans and players love it.

I always point to the 2003 game at Michigan State that happened in I think late Jan as the game where I knew that team was special. Charlie Bell, I think it was, was unconscious and we still won.

Escaped an epic beat down? I get your premise but they won 7 of 10 games all 3 games they lost were road games where the b12 team was the underdog. Def some great games. But if anything id say the sec escaped an "epic beat down" considering Arkansas needed OT to get 1 of their wins at home and Texas AnM was losing with a few mins left at home before going bonkers and closing the show.

Escaped an epic beat down? I get your premise but they won 7 of 10 games all 3 games they lost were road games where the b12 team was the underdog. Def some great games. But if anything id say the sec escaped an "epic beat down" considering Arkansas needed OT to get 1 of their wins at home and Texas AnM was losing with a few mins left at home before going bonkers and closing the show.

That's one way to look at it. On the other hand, the SEC very narrowly lost out on two major marquee wins against KU (on the road) and OU. Games where the SEC team was in control most of the way. I think the impression from some going in was that the B12 was far and away better than the SEC. I don't think that is the prevailing view after Saturday's games.