Seems like the banner ads on the right side | Syracusefan.com

Seems like the banner ads on the right side

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
are cutting into the layout of the "grid" of topics, views/responses, etc on my screen. don't know if anyone else is having this problem. Seems like the vertical banner ad on the right is further left towards the middle of the screen, which is messing up my formatting. am I the only one? I will post a screenshot if I can.

SFcomSS.jpg

Nope, you're not the only one. It really shrunk up the viewing part of the window. Plus it covers up parts of the banner/helmets depending on which board you're on.

Are you using IE? Firefox does not seem to have this issue, at least for me.

Nope, using FireFox. I noticed it thismorning at work. First time I've seen it. It scrunches everything but the embedded helmets, Championship banners, drop down lists.

And plus, I shot those 5 chickens and I didn't get ANY free mobile content. harrumph

You likely have an iPad, or similar tablet device. I am going to eliminate/reduce the stuff in the right side bar in the next week or two. That may help. Specifically, the user avatar and stats. I am going to move the stats to under the avatar found in the threads (left side of posts).

are cutting into the layout of the "grid" of topics, views/responses, etc on my screen. don't know if anyone else is having this problem. Seems like the vertical banner ad on the right is further left towards the middle of the screen, which is messing up my formatting. am I the only one? I will post a screenshot if I can.

SFcomSS.jpg

I have one, but I obviously wasn't using it to take the picture. Does accessing the site with an iPad change the formatting or something?

The ad spacing Is screwed up on my iPad too. Also, I can't see the emoticons or formatting options when creating a post.

The ad spacing Is screwed up on my iPad too. Also, I can't see the emoticons or formatting options when creating a post.
Do you see an option to 'Use Rich Text Editor'? Try clicking that and you should see the formatting options. That, or it's an iPad thing.

Do you see an option to 'Use Rich Text Editor'? Try clicking that and you should see the formatting options. That, or it's an iPad thing.
I'm assuming that's a message board option rather then an iPad option? If so, no there is no such option. It's just the last post on the page a small gap then my MSG window.

I'm assuming that's a message board option rather then an iPad option? If so, no there is no such option. It's just the last post on the page a small gap then my MSG window.
Guess it's an iPad thing. Sorry. I tried. I got nothin' else.:noidea:

Any better now?

SFcomSS.jpg

Any better now?
I'll check when I'm at work. It's been good on my MacBook at home. I;ll let you know first thing in the morning on Monday.

Any better now?

I still have some overhang on the BBall board over the banners, but everything else looks great, I got ABP for FireFox to take the banners away, and my Avatar/User "Stats" are no longer overlapping the helmets. Slight infringement on the BBall Champ banners, but looks much better, otherwise. thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom