Semi OT: Baseball and hoops | Syracusefan.com

Semi OT: Baseball and hoops

HtownOrange

Living Legend
No, this is not about some movie.

I attended the Astros game tonight with the family. Baseball is a thinking man's game so I did some thinking, not necessarily an easy task after a long hard work week. However, the redeeming quality was that while the Astros lost to the Rangers, it hit me, almost as if I had forgotten some long lost precept of the universe. TheIn remembered, it simply is not hoops season. The pleasantry is that even in the offseason, Georgetown still sucks. Always has. Always will. I think it set in stone.

It is hereby decreed that Georgetown has always, presently and forever will suck.

latest

My genesis as a sports fan was attending baseball games with my father in NYC. Were it not for those games, I doubt I'd be the sports fan I am today. I still love attending baseball games on a languid summer afternoon. Watching them on TV at night ... not so much. It doesn't have the same rhythm or grace.

I enjoy listening to baseball games on the radio more than watching on TV. Something just very relaxing about it.

I'm actually the same way. I used to go to sleep listening to ball games on the radio when I was a kid and it's just carried over I guess. I used to go up and down the radio dial searching for a game. Sometimes I'd find one and when they got to the end of an inning, I'd find out I was listening to some minor league game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom