Sept 1, 2015 call-ups | Syracusefan.com

Sept 1, 2015 call-ups

CaliCuse

All American
There are player we can be certain that get the call up. One that probably won't is Jorge Mateo a young SS who has excellent speed and can steal bases. A kid like this could help theYankees on the base paths. Not necessarily to steal bases but move up two bases on a routine single. His fielding is reportedly very good so giving Didi a one day rest could be good. Tyler Wade is a prospect the Yankees are looking at very seriously and might get the cup of coffee. next week in a few days.

Earlier today, Cashman told Bryan Hoch that Rob Refsnyder will be among those call-ups (which seems pretty obvious, but confirmation is a good thing). He also told Hoch that it’s “all hands on deck” for guys on the 40-man roster, which suggests guys like Slade Heathcott, Jose Pirela, Chris Martin, Caleb Cotham and — once eligible to return — Nick Rumbelow and Nick Goody will also be brought up. I suppose the Yankees could make some 40-man changes to add other guys as well. Noel, Andrew Bailey, James Pazos and Ben Gamel stand out as non-40-man guys who could be candidates, though aside from Noel, Cashman didn’t comment on the possibility of any of those being added.

It’s worth noting that the Yankees have several intriguing prospects who need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this offseason — Gamel, Pazos, Johnny Barbato, Jake Cave, etc. — but Cashman said no one will be called up strictly because he needs Rule 5 protection. If the Yankees want to protect a guy, but don’t necessarily think he can help in the big leagues right away, they’ll wait until the offseason to put him on the roster. I would think that rules out some of the Double-A guys like Cave and Tony Renda.

“I’m not bringing anybody unless they can help New York, period,” Cashman said.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2015/08/27/yankees-planning-call-aaron-judge-plus-september-notes/

Earlier today, Cashman told Bryan Hoch that Rob Refsnyder will be among those call-ups (which seems pretty obvious, but confirmation is a good thing). He also told Hoch that it’s “all hands on deck” for guys on the 40-man roster, which suggests guys like Slade Heathcott, Jose Pirela, Chris Martin, Caleb Cotham and — once eligible to return — Nick Rumbelow and Nick Goody will also be brought up. I suppose the Yankees could make some 40-man changes to add other guys as well. Noel, Andrew Bailey, James Pazos and Ben Gamel stand out as non-40-man guys who could be candidates, though aside from Noel, Cashman didn’t comment on the possibility of any of those being added.

It’s worth noting that the Yankees have several intriguing prospects who need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this offseason — Gamel, Pazos, Johnny Barbato, Jake Cave, etc. — but Cashman said no one will be called up strictly because he needs Rule 5 protection. If the Yankees want to protect a guy, but don’t necessarily think he can help in the big leagues right away, they’ll wait until the offseason to put him on the roster. I would think that rules out some of the Double-A guys like Cave and Tony Renda.

“I’m not bringing anybody unless they can help New York, period,” Cashman said.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2015/08/27/yankees-planning-call-aaron-judge-plus-september-notes/
"not bringing anybody up unless they can help makes sense but begs the question why is Drew still on the roster? His defense is good but good doesn't cover his sub .200 BA seems to be his best at this point in the season. Didi isa pleasant surprise after a very What start of the season.

"not bringing anybody up unless they can help makes sense but begs the question why is Drew still on the roster? His defense is good but good doesn't cover his sub .200 BA seems to be his best at this point in the season. Didi isa pleasant surprise after a very What start of the season.
I agree completely. Drew is just awful.

So, Ackley is not even eligible for post season? This guy was the number 2 pick in the draft several years ago. Projected to be a perennial .300 hitter...

So, Ackley is not even eligible for post season? This guy was the number 2 pick in the draft several years ago. Projected to be a perennial .300 hitter...
I think he is because he was on the DL.