Serious question | Syracusefan.com

Serious question

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
How much do statues cost?

Could we as a collective fan forum, form a 501c to fundraise for statues of individual greats to be posted outside either the Dome or Melo Center?

And realistically I would love this venture to expand upon Football and include Lax eventually.

I just do not know the cost, logistics, or if their is real estate available for such a monument park?

I would guess that any statue would come from private donations as the school would not have funds to build any. I have no idea what the cost of a statue is but I would guess it would depend on the size of it and you would have to factor in the cost of the materials and the cost of the artist's labor.

This is pretty cool to watch but it definitely doesn't look as durable as Ernie Davis.

How much do statues cost?

Could we as a collective fan forum, form a 501c to fundraise for statues of individual greats to be posted outside either the Dome or Melo Center?

And realistically I would love this venture to expand upon Football and include Lax eventually.

I just do not know the cost, logistics, or if their is real estate available for such a monument park?
Do you want to commission a statue of Hakim Warrick blocking the shot? Because I've daydreamed about that off and on. Or maybe you're thinking of Pearl . . .

Do you want to commission a statue of Hakim Warrick blocking the shot? Because I've daydreamed about that off and on. Or maybe you're thinking of Pearl . . .
That would be worthy of consideration

Hanson, Bing, Pearl, JB, Sherm, many others worthy

Maybe busts ... I think the school has too much history in many sports to not consider some sort of monument park somewhere

Quality life size - ballpark $70-90,000.