The Basketball Tournament--Syracuse Hoops Alumni | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Basketball Tournament--Syracuse Hoops Alumni

If the team is prohibited to be called "Syracuse" how about Otto's Army and definitely keep the uniforms orange in color. Funny little story-last year I''m walking through NYC on a nice summer day and pass a playground where they had an Asian 3 on 3 tournament going on. We stopped and watched for a while. Automatically I started rooting for the team with the orange uniforms. Is that normal?
Really? An Asian 3 on 3 tournament? I can't help but wonder what the backlash would be if a Caucasian or Hispanic or black 3 on 3 tourney were held. Wait. Let's have a gay 3 on 3. Maybe Bruce Jenner could sponsor a transgender 3 on 3. Oh the possibilities are limitless!!

You know what would be really cool? Have a few open scrimmages/team practices someplace in Syracuse. Even charge $5 a head and donate the funds to a charity. I'll put my money where my mouth is on this one and offer to help organize if it's even remotely possible.
This is a great idea. The team is going to get together in June or early July to get some practices in. Once we have the dates finalized maybe we can talk!

This is sounding like it could really take off as a summer event for hoops fans (specifically college fans).

This article has some good stuff on the Syracuse team and says the early round games will be on ESPNU, is that true? If not, can you stream them online?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-the-basketball-tournament-is-back/
At a minimum, the Elite 8 games will be streamed on ESPNU, with the Final Four & Championship actually airing on ESPN.

I think we are lucky with the three regions we would potentially play (Philly opening rounds, Chicago Sweet16/Elite8, NYC Final4/Chip) to potentially have a good group of SU fans come out!

This is a great idea. The team is going to get together in June or early July to get some practices in. Once we have the dates finalized maybe we can talk!

Please keep me posted as how I can help. Willing to volunteer to do whatever, and would be great if we raised some money for charity in the process. I mean, how many people would love to see these guys play in person in Syracuse?!?!!

Hey Cuse Fans, if anyone wants to fly and stay with us for free in our opening round games, enter this DraftKings TBT contest tonight, only open to fans of the tournament. If you win, we travel and get hotels for free, and you get the same thing plus a prize pack including:
•Basketball shoes
•Custom Rock ‘Em socks
•Shooting shirts
•Custom iSlides
The contest is "Free" to enter but you need to make a $5 deposit when making an accct for the first time. It's a fantasy sports contest based off of the NBA playoff games tonight and tomorrow. If you're interested, have your lineups in by tipoff of the NBA game tonight and sign up here http://bit.ly/1c34dwu
Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom