Class of 2017 - SF Andre Rafus (NJ) Verbal to TCU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Andre Rafus (NJ) Verbal to TCU

orangefog said:
Is it safe to assume that, if he comes, we are out of the Porter sweepstakes?

Yes. One or the other. This may be a situation where you don't chase ghosts - we feel better about our chances right now with Rafus than Porter.

I agree, I like this kid a lot, but. My big question does he like SU and how much. Boy what a hard decision. :bang:

Looks like a very solid player. Is it me, or does his release look pretty funky? I can never tell if I'm imagining it with lefties (seriously, they always look unorthodox to me).

But looks like the perfect type of long athlete we love.

Looks like a very solid player. Is it me, or does his release look pretty funky? I can never tell if I'm imagining it with lefties (seriously, they always look unorthodox to me).

But looks like the perfect type of long athlete we love.
I agree with you and this kid has good range shooting also. He was knocking down those 3s..

If they can't land Porter then this kid is a good looking option. And to keep the B-more pipeline never hurts...

But make no mistakes about it he is not on the same level as Porter... At least yet

If they can't land Porter then this kid is a good looking option. And to keep the B-more pipeline never hurts...

But make no mistakes about it he is not on the same level as Porter... At least yet
I am just wondering which one will be committing first.

After watching that video again, he reminds me a little of a younger Sam Perkins with that stroke.

Deano said:
After watching that video again, he reminds me a little of a younger Sam Perkins with that stroke.

Hmmm. Good call. I think this kid might be a bit more athletic.

To be honest, I'm not in love with these highlights--I'm worried that he's not a banger and can't put the ball on the floor--reminds me of BJ actually, just a bit taller. But then again, what can you tell from a 1 min highlight video?

Says hes attending orange madness.
"Enjoyed our elite camp, loved our campus and loves our style of play" Headed to Roselle catholic.

Love his size, his speed, his shot, his game. Says people say he reminds them of Melo.

Last edited:
Love this kid's game. He has that quirky... kinda herky-jerky game that often gives opponents fits. Hard to defend.
A bit lanky for aPF but is proficient from beyond the arc and seems to handle the ball well. Watching his video its hard to say if he is strong on the boards which for his position is critical. It would make the fans here more comfortable if Hop can bring him in. My feeling about Hop is that we don't skip a beat on recruiting with Hop Red and GMAC out on the trail of top talent to continue the Orange power ranking nationally. I think his youth along with his assistants will do well.

Looks like he has no right hand and is still getting used to his body. I really liked his combination of skills and isolation game. Great follow through on the shot and that one running jumper near the end of the highlight was something that cannot be taught and takes a real feel for the game. I can see why we offered and I expect to see the staff keeping tabs on him.

Looks like he has no right hand and is still getting used to his body. I really liked his combination of skills and isolation game. Great follow through on the shot and that one running jumper near the end of the highlight was something that cannot be taught and takes a real feel for the game. I can see why we offered and I expect to see the staff keeping tabs on him.
Loved seeing that. As an awkward lefty, having that post up game is key in that it becomes harder to defens, IMO. Hope we land this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom