Class of 2017 - SF Andre Rafus (NJ) Verbal to TCU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Andre Rafus (NJ) Verbal to TCU

A bit lanky for aPF but is proficient from beyond the arc and seems to handle the ball well. Watching his video its hard to say if he is strong on the boards which for his position is critical. It would make the fans here more comfortable if Hop can bring him in. My feeling about Hop is that we don't skip a beat on recruiting with Hop Red and GMAC out on the trail of top talent to continue the Orange power ranking nationally. I think his youth along with his assistants will do well.
I have a random question that's kind of off topic but, does anyone have an idea of who will be an assistant after JB retires? I know we have Hop, Autry and GMac so who will be the other assistant or who would be most qualified?

I have a random question that's kind of off topic but, does anyone have an idea of who will be an assistant after JB retires? I know we have Hop, Autry and GMac so who will be the other assistant or who would be most qualified?
Allen Griffin has a lot of experience coaching at the college level and I know he is close with Hop.

That being said, it would be good to bring in someone who had experience coaching bigs, as Hop does that now and would presumably not do it once he becomes the HC.

Have we offered him?

Zagoria said today that we haven't.

Down to Kansas, Georgetown, Seton Hall, and TCU. What ever happened to our interest here?

I would like to see some non-orange in the mix.

Down to Kansas, Georgetown, Seton Hall, and TCU. What ever happened to our interest here?
There was never much interest to begin with. His overall game hasn't progressed much at this point and he's basically a one dimensional long range gunner. Hardly got any minutes towards the end of last season for Roselle Catholic, which I thought was very strange.

The bag of money emoji is probably a poor choice.

Kid has to be receptive, otherwise don't waste your time. Too many prospects out there. That's why our offers are valuable. We tend not to give them out lightly. Check out how many offers some of the other schools have out there. We show commitment to the player, but I'm sure there comes a time to close, and our back-up choices are beginning to choose other schools, so it's "go" time.

It's too bad Rutgers isn't on this list. I would love to see their fan base (all 50 of them) explode when he announces for another school beside's them.

It's too bad Rutgers isn't on this list. I would love to see their fan base (all 50 of them) explode when he announces for another school beside's them.

They'd say "he didn't have a commitable offer" from SUNJ, they didn't really want him anyway. :rolleyes:

When's the last time we got a big-time small forward?

When's the last time we got a big-time small forward?
images

Why does that seem like a decade ago?

Edit: Even without his knee injury, was CJ a Top25/50 recruit?
With his knee injury he was still a top 70 I believe, so I would imagine, yes he would have been.

Man, we need a Rip Hamilton-type
soooo bad...
Yeah, I can't imagine any team turning down a player with a mid range game like that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom