Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

From the Yahoo article:

"Landing Porter Jr. is another huge recruiting coup for a Washington program that has attracted top talent in recent years. First-round picks Dejounte Murray and Marquese Chriss were the centerpieces of a decorated 2015 class. Markelle Fultz, maybe the top point guard prospect in the nation, arrives this fall. And Porter will headline a 2017 class that also includes point guard Blake Harris and top 100 shooting guard Jaylen Nowell.

The big issue for Washington of late has been molding its young talent into a winning team. The Huskies have not made the NCAA tournament since 2011, putting pressure on Romar despite his track record of success and his recent recruiting coups."

Holy Skittles. With that type of talent and coming out of a conference that should allow ready access to the NCAAT, that is a shameful fact. JB, after 40 years and the HOF even, would be run out of town tarred and feathered if that happened here!

What did that 2005 team with Nate Robinson and Brandon Roy accomplish?

Romar can recruit his nuts off. What he does after, well...

Have to think Romar is on the big time hot seat if he doesn't do well with Porter this year - agree?
He is signed until 2020 I think. He is very well respected here.
Also, Washigton has a problem with talented kids leaving after one year. :noidea: Romar has coached a lot of players who are now pros.

Eight former Washington players on NBA rosters

I wish the team would have more recent success. Guarantee you though, there isn't one dad that regrets sending his son to play for Romar.
Edit - I really love the guy, so I can't be objective...

Last edited:
Second best option to Syracuse. I really look forward to seeing him live.
You're really going to enjoy him live. I had the pleasure at the Mary Kline Classic, not known to be a ultra competitive game. But he looked like he took every touch he had very seriously and confident. Inside, outside, didn't matter. Just looked like he knew he would take the shot and hit it. Something about this kid beyond his natural ability and athleticism. Born to dominate the court.

It's really good he's playing on the other side of the country. Should be #1 in the class, I don't care what the agenda driven 'experts' say. Most of us around here know better by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Michael Porter Sr. Going to end up at Missouri with Martin and bring Porter Jr. to Mizzou?

I remember we sent GMac to scout and Porter and didn't pursue him. I can dream right?

52e26386bb3ce44386e90e36cf4caf68.jpg

It was obvious. Missouri is going to get the top recruit in the nation.
Cuozno Martin can recruit.

He brought Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb to Cal and now Michael Porter to Mizzou.

Its not going to take long for Missouri to get back. They may even get that final four they've been chasing since...forever.

The father/son package deal has to brush up against some NCAA rule, right?

The father/son package deal has to brush up against some NCAA rule, right?
As a public institution won't Mizzou be required to report what they are paying the Porters. It's laugh out loud a joke.

As a public institution won't Mizzou be required to report what they are paying the Porters. It's laugh out loud a joke.

His dad was an assistant for the women's team. Obviously made sense to add him to the staff. Romar tried to add him to Washington staff and he declined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom