Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

For those of you who haven't caught it yet, I think this video is a great example of what I was mentioning about Moyer's personality in my previous post. What's also cool about it is that he specifically mentions going after Porter when asked about trying to recruit guys to SU. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one, but holy hell it would be amazing if the staff manages to get Porter in orange!

http://videos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2015/05/su_basketball_recruit_matt_moy.html

All the top dogs will be after him. Kansas and Duke heavily involved. Cal will have his minions after him too soon enough. Would be a great "get" for us. Need Moyer to work some magic.

I hate to be 'that guy', but assuming no change in the scholarship reduction, would we even have room for him if by some miracle he chose SU? And, if we did have room, wouldn't we prefer filling it with a Center?

I hate to be 'that guy', but assuming no change in the scholarship reduction, would we even have room for him if by some miracle he chose SU? And, if we did have room, wouldn't we prefer filling it with a Center?

Short answer is, the situation is fluid, and we'd find a way to make room. Long answer is until the appeal results come in its very tight and complicated with available spots. There will be attrition one way or the other, always is but predicting that accurately becomes important when there are limited spots.

He is the type of talent that you make room for if he wants to come here.

Reactions: 007
See if DeAndre Ayton wants to join him?? I wouldn't mind getting the top 2 recruits in the country :cool:
We should start a PayPal and see if we can come up with enough $$$ to be able to afford Ayton. Calipari's checkbook must be running low with all of the five stars he's been missing out on lately, so here's our chance to strike lol.

Obviously all jokes above.

Given that those clips are from his sophomore season, Porter looks like a transcendent talent to me. I'm not one for hyperbole, but I thought Anthony Davis when I first watched his tape. He is so obviously talented, everyone will offer. To your point, I would guess that the staff would move heaven and earth to make room.

Francis I'm guessing it's because he is a class of 17 kid.

But hey making the cuts not a bad thing.

That is one Big12 heavy list right there! Duke, Virginia, Syracuse and Kentucky the only Eastern Time zone schools that I can see.

So you're saying we have a chance?
5695212_std.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom