Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

Wait a minute. I know it's the wrong album, but I ain't talkin bout love. :)
Music motives people in different ways. Jazz is relaxing. Classical is interesting and soothing (to me at least). But there's nothing like VH to inspire some serious beer drinking and property damage.

Music motives people in different ways. Jazz is relaxing. Classical is interesting and soothing (to me at least). But there's nothing like VH to inspire some serious beer drinking and property damage.
Or possibly cause an Eruption?

This kid dunks like I dunk a tennis ball on a 9 foot hoop. I'm 6'6.
He dunks like I dunk a nerf hoop and I'm 5'6.
c9378c0d554febc49afae1be69dffca6.jpg

In case you forgot...
:eek:...wait....:eek:
It's funny, and iommi might agree, when we saw him, he just seemed relentless with what he wanted to do. Just seemed like he felt no one could stop him. Wasn't showboating, none of that (but very exciting to watch either way), but just got it done when he wanted a field goal. He's one of the better ones, any class, last few years. I'm starting to think he's better than Giles, Ayton and company.

I try to separate guards, wings and centers, because it is just too difficult to compare someone like Ayton to Giles and Porter. But, I would lump Giles and Porter together. They are both so damn good. I could see Porter playing shooting guard in the NBA, while Giles seems like more of a forward. Porter could be like a Klay Thompson type player? Duval and Porter would be an unbelievable pair to grab. I hope the staff goes after them hard, and sells them on sending JB out with a championship.

:eek:...wait...:eek:
It's funny, and iommi might agree, when we saw him, he just seemed relentless with what he wanted to do. Just seemed like he felt no one could stop him. Wasn't showboating, none of that (but very exciting to watch either way), but just got it done when he wanted a field goal. He's one of the better ones, any class, last few years. I'm starting to think he's better than Giles, Ayton and company.

Yes, Porter was constantly in attack mode. I'm not sure he's better than Giles but he's clearly an elite player.

Yes, Porter was constantly in attack mode. I'm not sure he's better than Giles but he's clearly an elite player.
I hear you my friend, about Giles. Either way, they are both uber studs.
I think we should just take both. Make room for Harry in 2016. Convince he and Battle to stay for their sophomore year and have a starting lineup of Battle, Porter, Giles, Bamba and Chukwu.

I think we should just take both. Make room for Harry in 2016. Convince he and Battle to stay for their sophomore year and have a starting lineup of Battle, Porter, Giles, Bamba and Chukwu.

Unless Obokoh gets that year back. In that case I think he starts over bamba and leads us to the championship!!!

So why isn't SU one of the 5 schools working hardest to land Porter? That's disturbing.

According to Zags:
But he says five of those are working the hardest.

“Definitely Washington, Virginia, Mizzou, Duke and Kansas are probably working the hardest right now,” he said.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/michael-porter-jr-says-five-schools-working-hardest/

I don't get why we wouldn't be either, but then again he asked us to recruit him instead of going right after him. Maybe we don't want him which sounds even more disturbing.

I don't get why we wouldn't be either, but then again he asked us to recruit him instead of going right after him. Maybe we don't want him which sounds even more disturbing.

Or maybe it was just a throw away comment, that doesn't need split hair interpretations to parse for cosmic significance.

Or maybe it was just a throw away comment, that doesn't need split hair interpretations to parse for cosmic significance.
Where's the fun in that? I need to know minute details and dissect every interview.

Don't get Francis started on this! Starting and ending a recruitment are two different animals. But, if in fact we aren't involved much now, then that is unfortunate for sure.

Now that we have a ship back going forwards, I'd really like to see us go for a big fish (that we can wait on their declaration) each year. Duval in 17 and Porter in 18.

If we want a title, we need an elite player, these guys are worth fighting for in recruiting and would put us in consideration for what we want.

I think it's worth it to fight like hel* for him in 18, especially since Moyer is on him for us as well

Now that we have a ship back going forwards, I'd really like to see us go for a big fish (that we can wait on their declaration) each year. Duval in 17 and Porter in 18.

If we want a title, we need an elite player, these guys are worth fighting for in recruiting and would put us in consideration for what we want.

I think it's worth it to fight like hel* for him in 18, especially since Moyer is on him for us as well
Porter is class of 2017.

Would love to land both Porter and Duval, but that would probably require someone leaving [Coleman, Obokoh, Joseph].

Porter is class of 2017.

Would love to land both Porter and Duval, but that would probably require someone leaving [Coleman, Obokoh, Joseph].
Coleman and Obokoh will both be gone as of 2017 (I assume that SU won't fight to get Obokoh that extra year that the NCAA screwed him out of).

Coleman and Obokoh will both be gone as of 2017 (I assume that SU won't fight to get Obokoh that extra year that the NCAA screwed him out of).
2017 should bring a big class

obokoh will graduate without it
roberson graduates
battle might be 1 and done
lydon and richardson are probably 2 and done
chuckwu could be one and done possibly

that means
senior joseph
jr howard
sophmore moyer if he isn't one and done
We probably will have another guy in battle moyers class.
but thats it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom