Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

He was the best player on the court at the Mary Kline, tee, and you could see it right away. I was there early to do interviews and he looked like a star just shooting around casually.
Ya, we were both stunned. You're right, looked like he was playing around, but you could see he has motor 24/7 too. Sick, really. Going to be fun to watch.

SU should've been putting on the Trunk Monkey (recruiting) Press for this guy. Why we don't shoot for the stars sometimes is very frustrating. Porter actually said last year he Wanted SU to recruit him. Moyer told me last May he was pitching SU to him. He's clear stud and one-and-done but why do we seem like we concede guys like Porter are out of our league (rhetorical question)?

On top of everything else, it looks like geography isn't a huge factor for him. He's looking at schools all around the country, so I doubt playing in CNY would be an issue for him.:bang:
I haven't seen him play at all, and the only juice I'm getting for his recruitment is from you guys. However, I have to agree with you that a player who's looking at A&M, Indiana and the pacific NW has not a care in the world about location. The weather in Seattle makes syracuse look like SanDiego.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/seattle-has-wettest-rainy-season-since-1894/

With that many spots available JB should go to these top recruits that are uncommitted and offer everyone and say guarantee pt and get their interest anyhow. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain,..jmo

The Ollie recruiting philosophy :p

Can someone ask Hop why they aren't going after this kid? Just reading through this thread has been nauseating. :vomit:

Can someone ask Hop why they aren't going after this kid? Just reading through this thread has been nauseating. :vomit:
I'm a little surprised that Hop hasn't been more successful with his recruiting efforts. That big man is proving elusive for this team Dembele is off to Los Vegas. Thompson is giving every indication that the Orange is not going to be where he plays.What ever he is looking for it isn't at Syracuse University. Kids aren't necessarily bright when looking at theyr best choices in life. Tauren can come here and help propel the Orange into the FF and maybe a title and the take off for the $like so many have done here before him.

Tauren can come here and help propel the Orange into the FF and maybe a title and the take off for the $like so many have done here before him.

He can do it elsewhere, too.

I haven't seen him play at all, and the only juice I'm getting for his recruitment is from you guys. However, I have to agree with you that a player who's looking at A&M, Indiana and the pacific NW has not a care in the world about location. The weather in Seattle makes syracuse look like SanDiego.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/seattle-has-wettest-rainy-season-since-1894/

Live in San Diego and it sprinkled on the way to work on Friday, was quite miserable ;)

yah, the weather's amazing, I'm sure. But a tool shed is also a million dollars! ;)

I conceptually know this about California, but couldn't actually bring myself to believe they are this dumb. So a couple years ago I searched LA real estate. First property to pop up on the list was in Redondo Beach (but not actually near the beach). It was less than 800 sq feet (on a less than 900 sqft lot), was described as "habitable" (with the quotes!!), and had not a kitchen, but a "hot plate." It was over $700,000! lolololol

I conceptually know this about California, but couldn't actually bring myself to believe they are this dumb. So a couple years ago I searched LA real estate. First property to pop up on the list was in Redondo Beach (but not actually near the beach). It was less than 800 sq feet (on a less than 900 sqft lot), was described as "habitable" (with the quotes!!), and had not a kitchen, but a "hot plate." It was over $700,000! lolololol

Just look up one of those Tiny House Hunters shows that are on and look for any of the ones near San Diego. These idiots get excited over 700 sq feet places for less than $500k that aren't even next to the water. Its seriously bizarro world out here. As soon as my wifes military commitment is up, we're heading back east and away from $2100/month rent. Don't think that we're willing to do winters again and want to be within very close proximity to water so probably heading to somewhere in Florida.

Such a scumbag move by Romar but can't blame him.

Romar has been at UW since 2002 and just so happens to be getting around to offering his buddy a job this year. Guess Mr. Porters resume just got big enough with that asst womens coaching job at Mizzou with his daughters. I'd sure be happy if I was a Huskies fan though.

chugg21 said:
Romar has been at UW since 2002 and just so happens to be getting around to offering his buddy a job this year. Guess Mr. Porters resume just got big enough with that asst womens coaching job at Mizzou with his daughters. I'd sure be happy if I was a Huskies fan though.

He has offered him the job previously as well. Perhaps Michael Porter Sr. sees an opportunity to be a part of his sons' college basketball experience in a position that he is perfectly qualified for. Michael's younger brother has already committed to the Huskies, long before his dad took the job.

Yeh but the snail darters are sitting pretty.

Looks like time spent recruiting the young man would not have been well-spent.
see post 153
Fans interested in recruiting should expand their horizons beyond just reading this forum. Plenty of info out there explaining different team's connections and interest.

We weren't gonna get this kid anyway. He's a big time talent and I for one am glad he's going to the pacific northwest where we will hopefully never have to deal with him.

We never had a chance because we never pursued him. Even when he put out the word that he was interested in SU , we still didn't go after him. Yah we talked to him but didn't go after him hard. To lose him after a long hard fight is one thing, but to not give it your all and good ole college try ,is another.

We never had a chance because we never pursued him. Even when he put out the word that he was interested in SU , we still didn't go after him. Yah we talked to him but didn't go after him hard. To lose him after a long hard fight is one thing, but to not give it your all and good ole college try ,is another.
If they didn't think he was a good enough fit to go hard after, I think I'll trust the coaches on this one.

You can't go hard after every single recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom