Class of 2017 - SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Michael Porter Jr (MO) to Missouri

Ain't going to happen as this was in Michael Porter thread -

@PaulBiancardi

Cuonzo Martin will add Michael Porter Sr as an assistant, per sources. Michael Porter Jr did not sign an NLI.

What a great day for Missouri.

A couple years from now may be different but today, that's a helluva improvement for '17-18.

Oh. My bad. Thought I read he turned it down. I apologize.
I thought he turned down a job offer from Romar previously, but accepted prior to this season.

I wonder if Daejon Davis is going to ask for his release? It was only West Coast schools recruiting him so I'm not sure he'd even consider us but I always liked his game. Never felt as strongly about Jaylen Nowell but he's a top 100 guard as well. No clue who was recruiting him prior to committing to Romar. No clue if either guy will ask for their release.

Why doesn't the NCAA make hiring a relative to get a recruit illegal? Such BS. Can't stand the NCAA.

Hard to separate situations like this from one like Doug McDermott unless the rule was that the parent/family friend has to have worked there for X years before the recruit can commit.

Why doesn't the NCAA make hiring a relative to get a recruit illegal? Such BS. Can't stand the NCAA.

Difference being, the father was already a college basketball assistant coach, AT Missouri*. So this isn't a random hiring.

*Albeit for the women's team

I'm sure he'll wait a while before he commits to Missouri. I mean Martin resigned, was hired, and then hired Senior in what seemed like 15 minutes!!! If he jumps on board now it'd look much more shady!!!

Probably wouldn't get him, but it wouldn't hurt to show some interest.

We got him in the bag if we send Gerry out there IMO :)

Edit: Seriously though, for those that think he's a lock to Missouri (and he probably is), at what point will these top recruits realize that they'll be miserable for a year like Simmons and Fultz appeared to be the past two years.?I know they'll be the #1 pick regardless, but man, I just can't imagine volunteering to lose like that.

We got him in the bag if we send Gerry out there IMO :)

Edit: Seriously though, for those that think he's a lock to Missouri (and he probably is), at what point will these top recruits realize that they'll be miserable for a year like Simmons and Fultz appeared to be the past two years.?I know they'll be the #1 pick regardless, but man, I just can't imagine volunteering to lose like that.

I don't get it, Why would you leave Wash for Mizzou, Mizzou was one of the worst p5 teams in the country last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom