Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

Francis03 said:
That is his Junior year highlights. He decided to reclassify to 2018 with the transfer to Brewster.

Ok gotcha. Do you know if the reclassification was due to a basketball decision or an academic decision?

Ok gotcha. Do you know if the reclassification was due to a basketball decision or an academic decision?
As you can see in the video, he's very skinny and played a lot PF at Rays. He felt using the extra year would help him get stronger for college and to develop his skills more out on the wings.

No mention of 'Cuse...

And why should there be a mention. I don't see an offer up by SU. Yeah, yeah. Put our faith in the coaches. They are aware of everything and everybody. Heard it before. But where are they?

And why should there be a mention. I don't see an offer up by SU. Yeah, yeah. Put our faith in the coaches. They are aware of everything and everybody. Heard it before. But where are they?
It's strange because Red went out to St. Ray's a few times over the years to check Sid out. For some reason we never turned up the heat for him in this recruitment.

Maybe they don't want another BJ but this kid looks really nice with more upside than BJ, imo. He looks like he has the skills to be a nasty 3 or 2.

It's strange because Red went out to St. Ray's a few times over the years to check Sid out. For some reason we never turned up the heat for him in this recruitment.

Yes, very strange. Always seemed that there was mutual interest.

This is the kid I hope we truly get involved with albeit unlikely. Love his potential.

We could win a boat load of games in an exciting fashion with guys like Sidney Wilson, Louis King, Quinnerly, Naz, Muhammad and a few others from NY/NJ.
FYI, UConn wants him to reclassify to 2017 (that was his original class). I have to believe that Syracuse wants him to reclassify too.

If he does, that makes him a much more important recruit to Syracuse. I would think SU would not offer him unless there was clear interest on his part.

FYI, UConn wants him to reclassify to 2017 (that was his original class). I have to believe that Syracuse wants him to reclassify too.

If he does, that makes him a much more important recruit to Syracuse. I would think SU would not offer him unless there was clear interest on his part.

That's interesting, sounds like a lot to basically have 4 freshmen who play the 4. Though I know Sidibe may well end up being a 5.

That's interesting, sounds like a lot to basically have 4 freshmen who play the 4. Though I know Sidibe may well end up being a 5.

I thought he was a 4 too. The top of this thread says he is a 3. If he's a 4, I don't get it. We basically are throwing offers at the wall and seeing what sticks at this point.

I thought he was a 4 too. The top of this thread says he is a 3. If he's a 4, I don't get it. We basically are throwing offers at the wall and seeing what sticks at this point.

I watched Brewster's game last night in the NEPSAC championship and Wilson is very much a 4. Good player and all that don't get me wrong but if we bring him in for 2017 a little bit of a head scratcher on the numbers game.

I watched Brewster's game last night in the NEPSAC championship and Wilson is very much a 4. Good player and all that don't get me wrong but if we bring him in for 2017 a little bit of a head scratcher on the numbers game.
Only thing I can think of is maybe JB realized you can never have too many bodies down low. I mean we thought our front line was loaded and deep this year and we ended up with Lydon playing center again. With Paschal having his eye issue and Moyer with his foot, you just never know.

I do wish that we would act like our hair was on fire for some guards.

I defer to those that have watched full games, but I don't see how we take him unless he projects as a 3. And I think he has the potential to be a really good 3.

This is really getting bizarre. In fantasy football drafts, there is something called a "no running backs strategy." We must be employing a "no guards strategy."

I love Hop and been a big fan of his for awhile but the way he's approaching his first recruiting class is making me a little nervous.

Please tell me I'm missing something.

Our 2017-18 roster will have the below crop of potential returning players:
  • 1 sophomore 4/5
  • 1 freshmen 4/5
  • 2 (potentially 3 with Wilson?) freshmen 4's
  • 1 sophomore guard who will probably leave after the season
  • 1 junior guard who is 50/50 on if he'll be back with the program for 2017/18
  • TBD freshmen guard recruits who are low 4 star/3 star guys
So going into 2018-19 we'll most likely have 2 sophomore guards that realistically would be developed and brought along then asked to be big contributors as upperclassmen and 4-5 front court players.

Yet this is our list of offers out to combo/lead guards:
  • Quinerly - best prospect by far for us and plays in NJ but staff didn't go see him play this year.
  • Carmody - 83 in 247 composite, plays in PA and staff has seen him a few times this year
  • David Duke - 174 in 247 composite
And we have 8 offers out to guys who are listed as forwards.

Again, please tell me I'm missing something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom