Class of 2017 - SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Brandon Randolph (PA) to Arizona

Our next transfer candidate?

Considering the storm heading Arizona's way, and the (likely) possibility of Sean Miller leaving, Brandon may want to look at other schools?

And considering his final four included us (along with Wake & Oregon I think?) - makes sense, no?

Considering the storm heading Arizona's way, and the (likely) possibility of Sean Miller leaving, Brandon may want to look at other schools?

And considering his final four included us (along with Wake & Oregon I think?) - makes sense, no?
Likely would not have to sit out, either.

But would he have to give back the money? Seriously guys, if AZ is implicated in paying players, do we want any part of guys that had previously committed there?

Sure! They’re pre-disastered!! :p

bump

maybe not su, but have to think this young man will at least consider moving on

bump

maybe not su, but have to think this young man will at least consider moving on
I am an annual contributor to his prep school and have also targeted some $$ to their basketball team the past couple years. They have had a run of super players including Mo Bamba at Texas and next year commitments to Duke (Cam Redish) and Arizona. Also a forward that is currently at Maryland and when I met him a couple years ago he mentioned he had been at SU's elite camp when he was in high school.

I am an annual contributor to his prep school and have also targeted some $$ to their basketball team the past couple years. They have had a run of super players including Mo Bamba at Texas and next year commitments to Duke (Cam Redish) and Arizona. Also a forward that is currently at Maryland and when I met him a couple years ago he mentioned he had been at SU's elite camp when he was in high school.

any more good players coming down Johnny's Way and keep this talent flowing?

any more good players coming down Johnny's Way and keep this talent flowing?
Not that I know of. Bamba is expected to go in the top 5 in the upcoming NBA draft and Cam Reddish is top 3 going to Duke next year. Will be fun following their careers over the next few seasons. Westtown's first big "recruit" was Daniel Ochefu who went to Duke who I met at one of my reunions wandering down the hall way around "Central". He was just a sophomore and had a name tag "Don't ask, I'm 6'8". He is on some NBA roster now.

BTW, the headmaster told me that they don't go out and actively "recruit" these players but the academic reputation of the school has attracted them. Didn't hurt that they hired an AAU coach from Maryland to be the basketball coach some years back.

Westtown's first big "recruit" was Daniel Ochefu who went to Duke who I met at one of my reunions wandering down the hall way around "Central". He was just a sophomore and had a name tag "Don't ask, I'm 6'8". He is on some NBA roster now.
Just to clear this up, Daniel Ochefu went to Villanova and was their (only) big guy on their 2016 title team - was a great player for them.

Just to clear this up, Daniel Ochefu went to Villanova and was their (only) big guy on their 2016 title team - was a great player for them.
My bad, you're right. I have Duke on my mind after that awesome win into the Sweet 16 where SU will face Duke. Ochefu went from Westtown prep to Villanova where he had a nice career...