Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

He reminds me so much of Tyler Ennis. Both in his demeanor and in his game. Silly smooth and cooler than the other side of the pillow. Yes, please!

I agree. They both seem smarter than the average bear and cool cucumbers against bigger and more talented competition.

On a side note how many freshman PG have we had making DEEP threes to win games at the buzzer? I can only think of two.

Do you think that is what the plan is?

Yup.

Kid reminds me of a POOR MAN's version of James Harden. Handles well enough, shoots well enough, creates off of the bounce, shot-maker, etc. Would be a quality get.

Edit--please note that I'm not suggesting that Ayala will have a career trajectory like Harden, that he's nearly as good, etc. His game just seems very similar to me. Playmaking off-guard [which is kind of a weird combo these days]. You don't think he has an especially great handle, but then he busts a spin move on somebody to get into the lane. Finds open men. Hits threes. Gets to the rim and finishes inside. Not a ton of style points, just gets the job done. Kind of like a scaled down version of Harden.

Last edited:
If we want him in 17, then I think we'll have him in 17, as long as his grades checks out.

Francis, first I want thank you for all the hard work you do for Orange nation, I know you dedicate a lot of time and energy toward this work, oh, and love the pod casts. With regards to Alaya, he looks like a decent prospect, have you had the opportunity to see any of his games? I was wondering what your read on him was from a strengths and weakness point. Also, could this recruitment help us with the recruitment of any other players in the 17 class? I find it ironic that this is the second back-court mate of Duval we have perused, maybe it is just coincidental or maybe im hoping a bit too much, but I'd love to hear you thoughts. Thank you good sir!

Yup.

Kid reminds me of a POOR MAN's version of James Harden. Handles well enough, shoots well enough, creates off of the bounce, shot-maker, etc. Would be a quality get.

Edit--please note that I'm not suggesting that Ayala will have a career trajectory like Harden, that he's nearly as good, etc. His game just seems very similar to me. Playmaking off-guard [which is kind of a weird combo these days]. You don't think he has an especially great handle, but then he busts a spin move on somebody to get into the lane. Finds open men. Hits threes. Gets to the rim and finishes inside. Not a ton of style points, just gets the job done. Kind of like a scaled down version of Harden.

You do know that some call him Baby Harden, right?

Francis, first I want thank you for all the hard work you do for Orange nation, I know you dedicate a lot of time and energy toward this work, oh, and love the pod casts. With regards to Alaya, he looks like a decent prospect, have you had the opportunity to see any of his games? I was wondering what your read on him was from a strengths and weakness point. Also, could this recruitment help us with the recruitment of any other players in the 17 class? I find it ironic that this is the second back-court mate of Duval we have perused, maybe it is just coincidental or maybe im hoping a bit too much, but I'd love to hear you thoughts. Thank you good sir!
Thanks for the kind words. In regards to Ayala, I'm hoping to watch some of his full games within the next week or so to have a good read on him. It is ironic that Sidibe and now Ayala were recent teammates of Duval during the AAU circuit. Doesn't hurt to have those connections if we're lucky enough to get back into the Duval race.

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to Ayala, I'm hoping to watch some of his full games within the next week or so to have a good read on him. It is ironic that Sidibe and now Ayala were recent teammates of Duval during the AAU circuit. Doesn't hurt to have those connections if we're lucky enough to get back into the Duval race.

I like where your head is at my man... was thinking the same thing in regards to Duval sweepstakes.

Excellent pod as always.

^^^ Good stuff as always Francis...thx

I'm interested in hearing more about this guy. How tall is he? He's listed as SG. Does he have pg skills. How good of a shooter is he?

Looks kind of small for a off guard. Just wondering. Interested in learning more. I guess we have to trust the staff. They haven't offered Washington and offered Ayala so must be something there

image.jpg
I might just have a new favorite Ayala.

Yes, Team WeR1 was loaded.

I was under the impression that part of the issue with Duval was the Under Armor affiliation of his AAU team? Is that not a problem with guys like Sidibe and Ayala because they are not deemed future NBA players, and therefore "shoes" are less of a consideration?

View attachment 83028 I might just have a new favorite Ayala.

Memory isn't always my strong suit, but that's obviously a Topps card, and I want to guess 1981 or 1973. Am I at least close?

Eric (I'd like to learn how to do that line through a word antic) would be an Epic get if we could "turn" him like one in of those (can I say "dumb" in a PC nation/board) zombie shows back to 2017. If Battle stays, is this a kid who won't have a problem sitting a year, or is he considered good enough to care about something like that, like many other recruits would?

EDIT: eric, epic.. I'm still a bit cautious returning to the board, and especially the recruiting portion, after what happened after one of my epic forays this summer. Maybe give me a short time before the abuse starts this time, easy me in. When I was younger I was thrown on all 4's and had my arms beaten by multiple people until one finally gave out, and then I was able to be stuffed into a burlap sack and beaten. Oddly the spirit of that was in more fun than some of the antics on here, but it's all good and I found out my vision was 20/13 like 10 days ago when a doctor actually challeged me to read line 9, after I had selected 8 as the best I could do, and then 10. He asked for 11, the last 1, but I gave up with little effort. I was spent from 10.

Last edited:
CaptainJ said:
Memory isn't always my strong suit, but that's obviously a Topps card, and I want to guess 1981 or 1973. Am I at least close?

Eric (I'd like to learn how to do that line through a word antic) would be an Epic get if we could "turn" him like one in of those (can I say "dumb" in a PC nation/board) zombie shows back to 2017. If Battle stays, is this a kid who won't have a problem sitting a year, or is he considered good enough to care about something like that, like many other recruits would?

I think you are right with 1981. It's definitely not 1973.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom