Class of 2017 - SG Ethan Thompson (CA) to Oregon State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Ethan Thompson (CA) to Oregon State

I do believe that Stevie Thompson would deep down inside be honored to have his son ET playing for Syracuse, "his alma mater". Yes he also would like to coach both his kids at Oregon State U. However he can see the writing on the wall where SU should and will be in a couple years. With all those scholarships and the recruits to offer and get it is phenomenal. ST knows the chances are pretty darn good to go a very long ways in the tournament and even possibility of a N.C. So I personally feel that we have a very very good chance to get Mr. ET. :cool:

I like this kid. He is built solidly for a guard and his highlights show him playing tough and grabbing rebounds. Has good form on his shot as well. Hope we get him out for a visit at least.

He'd be a helluva consolation prize if we lose out on Diallo.

I'm not touching the odds since people will hold you to that for life if wrong. I'll say that Hop really thinks that he can pull him over from the west coast. Turning down playing for pops and with big bro at OSU, is something that I'll have to see to believe.
Yeah, I understood the offer. I thought he was worthy, but it was more a courtesy to Stevie. But the fact we are making a real play for him is pretty cool. I understand not wanting to touch the odds.

I'm not touching the odds since people will hold you to that for life if wrong. I'll say that Hop really thinks that he can pull him over from the west coast. Turning down playing for pops and with big bro at OSU, is something that I'll have to see to believe.

Out of Diallo, Randolph, Thompson, and O'Connell -- we really need to land one of these guys. Maybe even two of them, if we can.

Out of Diallo, Randolph, Thompson, and O'Connell -- we really need to land one of these guys. Maybe even two of them, if we can.
Don't forget about J. Tucker. I don't know why but I said in a previous post on here I really think we have a great chance to get him. No I have no insite what so ever. It is just a strong gut feeling that ET will end up at his dads alma mater. He has a lot to give and we have a lot to give him and he knows he can go so much further with SU.

Don't forget about J. Tucker. I don't know why but I said in a previous post on here I really think we have a great chance to get him. No I have no insite what so ever. It is just a strong gut feeling that ET will end up at his dads alma mater. He has a lot to give and we have a lot to give him and he knows he can go so much further with SU.

COMPLETELY agree. I think of him more as a straight up 3 than a 2 which is why I didn't discuss him in the context above, but agreed--Jordan Tucker is a huge recruit for us in 2017.

It would be so sweet to get this kid but I think he will stay with brother and dad. BUT I truly feel that if his dad wasn't the coach at OSU, he would be all ours. jmo Good Luck where ever you go Ethan. He is definitely the perfect player for us. I think that is why we haven't had any or very little communication with him because of we probably was told he wants to play for dad. I would loved to be surprised tho.

I wonder if JB still retires if Hop brings Stevie Sr over to coach if his two sons would come along for the ride, that is if Ethan hasn't already committed to SU. You know we like prior players as our coaches.

Has he taken an official visit to anywhere other than Oregon St. ? I would guess that would answer the question of where he's committing to.
So, you're saying we have a chance!

Jeff Barzello ESPN Staff Writer today -

ESPN 100 shooting guard Ethan Thompson (No. 51) will announce his college choice later today. Thompson took an official visit to Oregon State this past weekend; his father is an assistant coach on Wayne Tinkle's staff and his brother is a sophomore guard for the Beavers. Syracuse is also involved.

If he doesn't commit to Oreg State will be totally, totally shocked. Will still root for him since he is Stevie's kid though.

I will also root for him. I live in Seattle and when watching Pac 12 basketball tend to root for OSU because of him and the fact they where orange.

I thought his dad was the coach but he is an assistant, so this makes me have some more hope he could commit here. You never know. Do you have to take a OV in order too commit there? I don't believe so , so thought I would ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom