Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should've always been our #1 target, but I'm bias.:p

Dean, outside of Walker (and the Tucker and Diallo situations) has there been any other rumblings about possible shooting guards in this class? I get the feeling Walker is a 'Nova lean (you wont have to worry about me jinxing this recruitment ;)), so if we swing and miss here does the staff feel like they need to bring in a 2 this year? If we can grab Green and Preston I think we are in good shape going forward with this class, its just the 2 guard position that is a little worry some. You never know what will be available on the 5th year sr. wire so id hate to rely on that as our only 2 guard option.

Last edited:
Hello Mr. Walker we have always loved you here I mean it you were always our #1 target. BR committing today has nothing to do with this phone call.

I guess our pitch would be how we develop guards quickly and get them to the league. Whereas Nova, with all of their recent success doesn't even project anyone into the first round and hasn't for quite some time. Their top players are there for 3 or 4 years and then they are second rounders. We take guys that aren't even on the NBA radar and get them into the league in 1 or 2 years.

Dean, outside of Walker (and the Tucker and Diallo situations) has there been any other rumblings about possible shooting guards in this class? I get the feeling Walker is a 'Nova lean (you wont have to worry about me jinxing this recruitment ;)), so if we swing and miss here does the staff feel like they need to bring in a 2 this year? If we can grab Green and Preston I think we are in good shape going forward with this class, its just the 2 guard position that is a little worry some. You never know what will be available on the 5th year sr. wire so id hate to rely on that as our only 2 guard option.
I think outside of the usual suspects that you mentioned, the staff would just monitor if anybody out of the best of the rest category emerges during the HS season. Also the 5th year market could be very useful for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.