Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gym floor is horrible to look at on tv!!! I'm sure it's cool in person, but damn, it's bad on the eyes!

Going back and forth.. Boeheim's Army... and HS game on commercials.

Going back and forth.. Boeheim's Army... and HS game on commercials.
Prolly a smart move! Give your eyes a rest.

How's the Army doin?

Lonnie Walker has been on fire during July. Just a couple weeks ago, he went to the Peach Jam and took the event by storm. He came to Vegas with the same mindset and is establishing himself as one of the top perimeter players in the class.

In a third place game with Team Melo, Walker dominated the game from start to finish. The 6-foot-4 wing could not be stepped from getting to the basket all game and spent a lot of time at the charity stripe. He also possesses a pure stroke from deep that makes him a tough matchup and one of the top wings in the country.

“Syracuse, Villanova, Miami, Kentucky, Oregon and a few others are talking to me,” Walker said. “I’m going to try to take a visit to Syracuse next month and maybe Alabama."

PayCal and two assistants showed up to see Walker as did Miami head coach Jim Larranaga and an assistant. Syracuse and Villanova had assistants courtside as well.

Gun to my head, I'll take Walker over all the other elite '17 recruits we're pursuing.

I love Greene and appreciate his possible domino effect, but I think Walker is special.

I know someone who is very good friends with Jay Wright and I'm trying to find out if Walker is still a heavy Nova lean.

That's the first time I've seen a prospect announce their list of schools via a video like that. I like that a lot more than a list with the emojis next to the school's name or all the schools logo's photoshoped around the prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.